The Slumber Party
Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob to crash Pearl's slumber party.
"The Slumber Party" contains examples of:
- Continuity Nod: A sponge being mistaken for SpongeBob in disguise had happened before in "No Weenies Allowed".
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The list of all the rules that Mr. Krabs hammers in front of his house.
- Identical Stranger: Girly TeenGirl, whom Pearl assumes to be SpongeBob in drag, but turns out to be an actual person who looks like SpongeBob.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Mr. Krabs recruits SpongeBob to stop Pearl and her friends from destroying his house during their slumber party. SpongeBob successfully gets into the house, but while trying to show Pearl that he's fun, ends up destroying Krabs' house himself.
- Hypocrite: Mr. Krabs becomes convinced that Pearl and her friends will destroy his house and recruits SpongeBob to stop them from doing so... after he acts it out by personally destroying SpongeBob's house.
- One of the rules Mr. Krabs gives Pearl is "no boys allowed", yet he tries to get SpongeBob to infiltrate the slumber party.
- Hypocritical Humor: SpongeBob tries to infiltrate Pearl's slumber party by going in disguise. It then shows a female sponge from "Farawayville" who just so happens to want to join Pearl's party, and is rejected. Turns out that was not SpongeBob in disguise, as when she runs away from the party in tears, SpongeBob remarks that the girl is "uug-lee!"
- Mistaken for an Imposter: Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob to sneak into Pearl's slumber party and SpongeBob agrees, saying he has the perfect disguise. It then cuts to a female sponge named "Girly TeenGirl" from "Farawayville" asking to attend Pearl's party. Pearl accuses her of being SpongeBob in disguise and she's chased away from the party in tears. The real SpongeBob pulls up to the house with Mr. Krabs, wondering who she was.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: SpongeBob's disguise consists solely of a mustache.
- Piano Drop: Pearl and her friends drop a piano on SpongeBob when he comes over disguised as a piano repair man.
- Slumber Party: The episode focuses on Pearl having one.
- Troubled Fetal Position: One of Pearl's friends as a result of "Zombie Shark Syndrome".
SpongeBob enters Gary in the local pet show.
"Grooming Gary" contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch: The judge awards SpongeBob and his pet first prize. SpongeBob initially thinks they're awarding Gary for speaking his mind, but it turns out they were talking about SpongeBob's "other pet": Patrick dressed as a dog.
- Berserk Button: When someone sticks their hand in Gary's undercarriage, he gets vicious.
- Cats Hate Water: Gary, being the underwater version of a cat, needs Patrick to hold him down while SpongeBob bathes him and brushes his teeth.
- Dark Horse Victory: Patrick ends up winning the pet show.
- Oh, Crap!: SpongeBob does this when the judge goes to check Gary's undercarriage.
- Pet Contest Episode
- Speaks Fluent Animal: SpongeBob's ability to "speak a little snail" allows him to tell the other pet owners why the pets are rioting.