20,000 Patties Under the Sea
Mr. Krabs converts an old submarine into a mobile Krusty Krab.
"20,000 Patties Under the Sea" contains examples of:
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: This dialogue confirms SpongeBob's rather strange obsession with Squidward:SpongeBob: BYE SQUIDWARD! BYE MR. KRABS! (seductively) Bye, Squidward.
Patrick: You said 'Bye, Squidward' twice.
SpongeBob (remaining somewhat seductive): I like Squidward.
- Glad I Thought of It:Squidward: Well, since you can't bring any customers into the Krusty Krab, have you ever thought about bringing the Krusty Krab to the customers?
Mr. Krabs: Quiet, Squidward, I'm brainstorming! Ooh, ooh! What if instead of bringing customers to the Krusty Krab, we could bring the Krusty Krab to the customers?
- Growling Gut: This happens with the Sea Monster after eating a lot of chum patties.
- Portmanteau: After Plankton bombs SpongeBob and Patricks submarine and then crashes his own, a piece of chum flies into a hole in SpongeBob and Patrick's sub:Patrick: SpongeBob look!
SpongeBob: What is it?
Patrick: It's a liquid!
SpongeBob: (chum goes through hole and lands on bun) No, it's a solid, it's a solid!
SpongeBob and Patrick [in unison]: It's a "lolsquid".
- Shout-Out: SpongeBob's line "I like Squidward" is clearly a reference to Blazing Saddles, wherein the original repeated line was "I like rape".
- Special Guest: Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed as the sea monster and the mother Plankton insults.
The Battle of Bikini Bottom
SpongeBob and Patrick end up in an all-out war between clean and dirty.
"The Battle of Bikini Bottom" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: You can disagree with someone over ideals, and it doesn't necessarily mean either side is right or wrong. It can be a matter of opinion and it doesn't always warrant war.
- Big "NEVER!": By the dirty side in the flashback.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Those on the side who are clean wear red uniforms while those who would rather be dirty wear blue uniforms.
- Eye Scream: When SpongeBob gets dirty, some of the dirt gets on his eyeballs.
- Feud Episode: Between SpongeBob and Patrick, over their respective hygiene.
- My God, What Have I Done?: SpongeBob and Patrick stop their feud once the former becomes dirty and the latter clean.
- Nose Nuggets: Patrick threatens SpongeBob with some of his boogers. As he runs into the Krusty Krab, we get this exchange.SpongeBob: Run, Mr. Krabs! Patrick is digging for gold!
Mr. Krabs: Gold? [eagerly runs after them, comes back]
Squidward: Did you get any of Patrick's "gold"?
Mr. Krabs: He's not digging for any gold I'm looking for.
- Silly Reason for War: The Battle of Bikini Bottom was fought over whether it was right to be clean or dirty. SpongeBob and Patrick agree it's silly, until they disagree on it and start fighting each other.
- Series Continuity Error: Patrick says he doesn't wash his hands or brush his teeth, but a few early episodes confirm otherwise.
- Sudden Eye Color: When Patrick becomes clean, his eyes turn blue.
- War Reenactors: The plot begins when SpongeBob and Patrick run into reenactors for the titular battle.