Airdate: September 22, 2006
Plankton declares truce and converts the Chum Bucket into a gift shop, but Mr. Krabs thinks it yet another plot to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula.
"New Leaf" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Might apply as Broken Aesop. If someone turns over a new leaf, it's normal and okay to be suspicious and wary, but you should let them be if they don't seem to be trying anything funny.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Mr. Krabs.
- Literal-Minded: When Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Squidward to keep their eyes peeled, SpongeBob literally peels his eyes.
- The Mole: Plankton in the ending. Then it turns out that Mr. Krabs never gave him the real formula.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Mr. Krabs walks away in shame after he realizes that Plankton was telling the truth about him reforming.
- Shaking the Rump: When Mr. Krabs threatens to fire Squidward if he doesn't dance, Squidward shakes his buttocks.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: SpongeBob is not seen again for the rest of the episode after the shot of him using the DJ system. Same with Squidward.
Airdate: September 29, 2006
Gary starts biting everyone in town, and everyone believes he has "Mad Snail Disease".
"Once Bitten" contains examples of:
- An Aesop:
- Don't believe everything you hear, especially if they are rumors and/or unsourced.
- If you get bitten by an animal and you don't know what to do or what may happen, seek out medical attention from a reliable source such as an emergency contact number or a doctor.
- You're not a real expert (especially not a medical expert) if you haven't received proper education for it.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A concerned Squidward, after having just been bitten by Gary, asks SpongeBob whether Gary had all of his shots in order. The shots he lists are "rabies, snailpox, soft shell dance, bagitis, lumpy bump trump, and teen angst."
- The End... Or Is It?: Even though Gary is exonerated of spreading a disease and it turns out the zombie apocalypse was never real, Gary then bites Mr. Krabs in the ass for some reason.
- Episode of the Dead: Parodied in that there are no actual zombies, just people that think they have turned into zombies.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: The made-up "Mad Snail Disease" eventually turns its victims into flesh-craving zombies. Granted, "real" zombies don't appear at all, but the rampant mass hysteria causes those who got bitten by Gary to act like man-eating undead, complete with moaning and shuffling.
- Karma Houdini: Considering that Patrick pretty much started the hysteria of Mad Snail Disease in Bikini Bottom, including the brief panic at the Krusty Krab in the episodes climax, youd think he would at least get called out for it.
- Rampage from a Nail: Gary is unruly and goes around biting people. Turns out it was from a piece of Squidward's makeshift security fence, almost making this example a parody, as the thorn was the size of a tree.
- Technically Living Zombie: All the people who were bitten by Gary and believed the story of the "Mad Snail Disease" began acting like cannibalistic, undead creeps, but this is all due to mass hysteria and fear.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The people who got bitten by Gary eventually become man-eating zombies that threaten to take over the whole city, except they really didn't and were simply acting crazy out of sheer hysteria.
- Zombie Gait: The "infected" Bikini Bottomites walk like this.