Sandy's Nutty Nieces
SpongeBob babysits Sandy's nieces.
"Sandy's Nutty Nieces" contains examples of:
- Babysitting Episode: The episode is about SpongeBob babysitting Sandy's nieces.
- Badly Battered Babysitter: SpongeBob gets hit on the head by a wrecking ball and his hand is destroyed in a "wrassle match."
- Bratty Half-Pint: Sandy's nieces complain a lot and physically harm SpongeBob multiple times.
- Family Theme Naming: Sandy's nieces are named after types of nuts.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Sandy's nieces do this.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: There's one of Squidward's face. Lampshaded by the nieces' reactions.Sandy's nieces: We're gonna be sick all over the place!
- Honorary Uncle: Sandy's nieces refer to SpongeBob as "Uncle SpongeBob".
- Nephewism: Sandy's nieces are introduced in this episode along with her sister Rosy Cheeks.
- Iris Out: How the episode ends.
- Punny Name: Sandy's nieces — Hazelnut, Pistachio, and Macadamia — are named after types of nuts.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Sandy's nieces speak in rhyme.
- Shout-Out: Sandy's nieces have a similar color scheme as Huey, Dewey and Louie's original color scheme from Disney's classic theatrical cartoons.
- Special Guest: Maria Bamford as Hazelnut, Pistachio, and Macadamia.
SpongeBob and Patrick work at a museum while Squidward attempts to sneak his painting in.
"Insecurity Guards" contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When Squidward shows an art critic his latest painting.Art critic: Mr. Tentacles, I simply cannot express my true feelings about your work!Squidward: Yes, I realize my artistic brilliance can be overwhelming.Art critic: Quite frankly... (sniffs the painting) It stinks!
- Bittersweet Ending: Squidward ends up arrested, but his painting still gets hung up in the museum because SpongeBob mistook it for one of the pieces that was already there.
- Call-Back: Patrick's narration and touring someone around a location may bring to mind "No Pictures Please" from Season 11.
- King Neptune's crown from "The SpongeBob Movie" and the statue from "Artist Unknown" can be seen in the museum.
- Creepy Changing Painting: Some of the paintings in the museum tend to change such as the seahorse painting when SpongeBob and Patrick pin the tail on Squidward, who's behind it; The painting of Mrs. Puff as the Mona Lisa when Squidward tosses it in the trash; and Squidward's painting, which smiles after it gets hung in the museum.
- Hypocrite: Patrick enforces the rules for the museum, but it doesn't stop him or SpongeBob from breaking the rules since he tells SpongeBob that being a security guard means that the rules don't apply to them.
- Iris Out: Just like its sister episode.
- Reality Ensues: SpongeBob and Patrick hop aboard a wooly mollusk to catch Squidward, but being a snail, it moves incredibly slow.
- Visual Pun: Patrick tries to fend off an art thief by giving him the stink eye, which involves turning his pupils into onions that knock the thief out with the stink.
- Wingding Eyes: Patrick turns his pupils into onions to stop an art thief. When SpongeBob tries it, his pupils turn into cupcakes instead.