SpongeBob joins Patrick's society of idiots and helps them do "community service."
"The Nitwitting" contains examples of:
- Call-Back: The Ice Cream King from "Patrick's Coupon" returns.
- The Ditz: In this episode, we see an entire community of them.
- Everyone Has Standards: SpongeBob drinking the jar of spit is so gross that the other members are disgusted, and the Ice Cream King even says it's "so stupid" that it earns him a badge.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: At the end while the Empty Head Society is singing their anthem, Patrick drives a small boat past them and ends up smashing into the camera, cracking the lens.
- Special Guest: Peter Browngardt returns as the Ice Cream King.
- Title Drop: "The Nitwitting" is the title of the episode, as well as the community service event that the Empty Head Society does.
The Ballad of Filthy Muck
Patrick is covered in so much trash that he becomes unrecognizable.
"The Ballad of Filthy Muck" contains examples of:
- Angry Mob: Everyone in Bikini Bottom forms one when they get tired of SpongeBob and Patrick's stench.
- Call-Back: Rube from "No Pictures Please" returns, even saying his catchphrase again.
- Identical Stranger: It turns out that Filthy Muck and Patrick are two separate individuals.
- List Song: "The Ballad of Filthy Muck Song" lists disgusting things.
- Real After All: Filthy Muck is a separate entity from Patrick.
- Torches and Pitchforks: The angry mob has these. The torches go out when they follow SpongeBob and Filthy Muck into a carwash and have to stop and relight the torches.
- Wingding Eyes: At the beginning of the episode, Patrick's eyes turn into trash cans.