No Pictures Please
Patrick becomes a tour guide and shows a tourist around Bikini Bottom.
No Pictures Please contains examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Squidward angrily slams one of the flowers in the sky.
- Brick Joke: A man says that Patrick was "trying to eat his mailbox!" A mailbox with a bite mark in it appears in SpongeBob's refrigerator.
- Catchphrase: Rube's is "amazing!"
- Glove Slap: Patrick is angry that the bus depot doesn't sell balloons, so he puts on two gloves, then pulls one of them off and slaps the ticket clerk with it.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Squidward's entire body turns red with rage when he sees Patrick and Rube in his bathroom while he was taking a shower.
- Out of Focus: SpongeBob only appears twice in this episode.
- Potty Emergency: Once the bus stops, the people on it instantly run towards the bathroom.
- Scary Flashlight Face: Patrick shines a flashlight in his face while he talks about "this hole he dug yesterday."
- The Man in the Mirror Talks Back: Patrick looks in the bus's window and his reflection gets an idea.Patrick's reflection: I could be a tour guide!
Patrick: Ooh, I could be a tour guide?
Patrick's reflection: That's what I said!
Stuck on the Roof
SpongeBob struggles to live his life once his fear of heights prevents him from getting off the roof.
Stuck on the Roof contains examples of:
- Buried Alive: Squidward is still in the old Krusty Krab when it gets pushed underground by the new one.
- Chekhov's Skill: When the customers are about to leave, SpongeBob starts a dance party to the same music he danced to at the beginning. The dancing helps the new Krusty Krab fall back to the ground.
- "Could Have Avoided This!" Plot:
- SpongeBob can extend his arms down to the ground to reach carpentry equipment; it never occurs to anyone to have him extend his arms to them and just yank him off the roof.
- Mr. Krabs and Squidward use a pulley to deliver the grill up to SpongeBob. They could've used the same pulley to bring him down from the roof, but don't.
- Cue the Rain: Mr. Krabs turns the roof into an outdoor dining area to accommodate SpongeBob working from the roof, but then a wind storm picks up, and then rain starts pouring.
- Lampshade Hanging: When a rain storm starts while everyone is on the roof, a customer starts to say, "Rain? But we're under-" before being blown away by the wind.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Fred does this by pointing out the fact that it is impossible to have rain underwater. Patrick did something similar in "Life of Crime" by questioning the possibility of having fire underwater.
- One-Episode Fear: This is the only episode in which SpongeBob is afraid of heights.
- Shaking the Rump: SpongeBob does this while dancing.
- Unsatisfiable Customer: SpongeBob being stuck on the roof causes complaints for the customer. He manages to get the krabby patties to the customers, but then they complain they're too cold. They solve the problem by going up to the roof to get them fresh off the grill, but then it starts to rain. SpongeBob helps them by building an entirely new Krusty Krab for shelter, but then the customers complain that it defeats the purpose of eating outside and try to leave.