The Grill is Gone
Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob must retrieve the Krusty Krab's grill when it gets stolen by a group of kids.
The Grill is Gone contains examples of:
- Broken Record: SpongeBob repeatedly shouting "The grill is gone!"
- Here We Go Again!: At the end, the kids turn the Krusty Krab into a go cart that they drive away. Lampshaded by SpongeBob.SpongeBob: Here we go cart again!Mr. Krabs: Zip it, boy-o.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place: Murder Hill.
- Kids Versus Adults: The main plot of the episode.
- One of the Kids: SpongeBob is able to better communicate with the kids who took the grill a lot better than Mr. Krabs, claiming he has the heart of a child (proving this literally).
- Title Drop: Mr. Krabs stiffly says "The grill is gone." when SpongeBob fails to notice that the grill is no longer outside. Then SpongeBob repeatedly shouts it.
- Visual Pun: When SpongeBob has trouble plugging the electrical cord into the grill, he claims it's because his hands are clammy, right before a small clam flies out of his hand.
The Night Patty
SpongeBob discovers the Krusty Krab has a night shift run and frequented by creepy creatures and monsters.
The Night Patty contains examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Turns out, all the creatures that showed up at the Krusty Krab were all just hallucinations that SpongeBob had.
- The Bus Came Back: Nosferatu, a one off gag in "Graveyard Shift" makes a return in this episode as the manager of the night shift. Likewise, the Fisherman from "Don't Look Now" makes his first physical appearance.
- Call-Back: Among the things pulled out of the freezer are Sandy's robot from "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob?", Heart Man from "Valentines Day", and Spongy-Spongy from "Cave Dwelling Sponge".
- "The Tidal Zone" from the episode "No Pictures Please" is used again.
- Distaff Counterpart: Squidabeth, the cashier of the Krusty Krab night shift, is one to Squidward.
- Face Hugger: The sucker shakes.
- Ghostly Glide: Squidabeth glides instead of walking.
- Nice Girl: Unlike Squidward, Squidabeth is friendly and welcoming.
- Or Was It a Dream?: SpongeBob believes he just dreamed up the night shift until he sits on a fish hook belonging to the Fisherman.
- Series Continuity Error:
- Mr. Krabs says near the end that the Krusty Krab doesnt do night shifts, but in Graveyard Shift, it did.
- Glove World is seen in the beginning of the episode, despite being shut down in Glove World R.I.P..
- Title Drop: "Night Patty" is the name of the smoke created krabby patty that SpongeBob creates for the night shift.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Patrick just disappears from the episode after SpongeBob fills in for the night shift fry cook. Unless he too was part of SpongeBob's hallucination.
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: SpongeBob has these when he first sees the night shift and its patrons.