Cave Dwelling Sponge
When a prehistoric Sponge is unfrozen, he causes chaos all over town and only SpongeBob can communicate with him.
Cave Dwelling Sponge contains examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:Perch Perkins: And so, the savage beast finally soothed, life in Bikini Bottom returns to normal...if only for this episode.
- Bloody Handprint: The cave sponge does this on his face with ketchup instead of blood.
- Camera Abuse: At the end when Perch Perkins finishes his report, the cave sponge smashes the camera with his club, cracking the lens and knocking the camera to the ground.
- Contemporary Caveman: SpongeBob use hot chocolate to help get Patrick's tongue unstuck from a wall of ice, unintentionally thawing out a cave-sponge in the process.
- Criminal Doppelgänger: Because the cave sponge gets dressed in SpongeBob's clothes and causes destruction around Bikini Bottom, this causes the real SpongeBob to get arrested.
- Repetitive Name: "Spongy-Spongy" is the name the cave sponge claims.
- Wingding Eyes: The cave sponge gets these in the shape of SpongeBob's shoes due to liking the squeaking sound they make.
The Clam Whisperer
When a flock of clams descend on Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob has to get them out before they ruin the whole town.
The Clam Whisperer contains examples of:
- The Cameo: Larry and Rex from "Dumped" and Mystery from "My Pretty Seahorse" make a brief appearance in the wild.
- Dating Service Disaster: One of the clams scares away a man and is given attention by a woman who mistakes the clam for her blind date.
- Left the Background Music On: When SpongeBob decides it's best to lead the clams out of town, sad music plays as he walks away. When the crowd splits apart, it shows a violinist still playing.
- Perplexing Pearl Production: SpongeBob befriending a school of clams who follow him everywhere. At one point the clams shoot pearls at Mr. Krabs, to his delight (and pain).
- Time-Passage Beard: Patrick has one at the end after being asleep for one whole season.
- Trauma Button Ending: Squidward spends a whole season scrubbing the clam poop off his house. After SpongeBob returns, still looking like a clam, Squidward freaks out.