Mustard O' Mine
When the Krusty Krab runs out of mustard, Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward to dig up some more.
Mustard O' Mine contains examples of:
- Ash Face: SpongeBob has this when he strikes hot sauce in the mines.
- Bottomless Pits: A rare non-game example. SpongeBob falls down one and reappears beside Patrick and Squidward, cautioning them not to fall in as there's no end to it.
- Cassandra Truth: The prospector tries to warn them against mining out the mustard, claiming it's on a pressure geyser and will blow. But Squidward accuses him of trying to take the mustard for himself.
- Comically Missing the Point: Squidward states that he's not going to hurt the prospector, only to start getting beaten up by the prospector while SpongeBob and Patrick cheer that he really isn't hurting him. When the prospector punches Patrick and ends up hurting his hand, Patrick bemoans that he lost due to hurting the prospector.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Squidward gets beat up by the prospector and fails to land a single blow on him in return.
- Dramatic Thunder: Occurs while the prospector is warning everyone of the mummy's curse.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: This bit while the three are riding an escalator into the mines:(A group of coal miners going up the escalator)SpongeBob: Coal miners.(A bad smell hits them and they see a group of sulfur miners go up the escalator)Patrick: Sulfur miners.(A group of kids go up the escalator.)SpongeBob: Unaccompanied minors.(A drummer goes up the escalator and does a Rimshot)
- Mining for Cookies: Currently provides the trope image; the whole plot centers around a mine filled with veins of mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce.
- Real After All: In the end, when the customers are celebrating the mustard explosion in the Krusty Krab, the mummy appears, complaining about his patty not having any relish.
- Reflective Eyes: While trying to get past the subway turnstile, the subway doors closing in front of SpongeBob and Patrick reflect in Squidward's eyes.
- Running Gag: Someone becoming calm when they get on the escalator.
- Shout-Out: The title references the Guns N' Roses song "Sweet Child o' Mine."
- Top-Heavy Guy: Patrick becomes this right before he fights the prospector.
- Worthless Yellow Rocks: SpongeBob and Patrick react in disappointment when they dig up gold nuggets and diamonds in the mine. Squidward excitedly tries to find some, but doesn't have any luck.
SpongeBob and Sandy have to collect Krabby Patty ingredients, but Plankton follows their every step.
Shopping List contains examples of:
- All for Nothing: SpongeBob and Sandy managed to retrieve all the items on the list, but they end up getting stolen by Plankton. To top it off, Mr. Krabs reveals that it wasn't even a real list of krabby patty ingredients. Sandy doesn't take it well.Sandy: You mean you sent my best friend on a dangerous wild goose chase just so you can go shopping?!
- And This Is for...: After finding all the ingredients on the shopping list was fake, Sandy beats Mr. Krabs up for making them go through those difficulties for nothing while saying "This is for my tail! This is for almost getting us killed!" She then walks out of his office while carrying a bag of money, saying, "And this is for my submarine, Matilda!"
- Batman Gambit: Krabs intentionally sends SpongeBob on a wild goose chase for bogus ingredients, correctly predicting that Plankton would follow and eventually steal said bogus ingredients. While his rival was busy, Krabs went down to the Barg-N-Mart and got the actual ingredients for the formula.
- Call-Back: A Yeti Krab makes a return in this episode.
- Circling Birdies: Small clams circle Mr. Krabs's head after getting beaten up by Sandy.
- Constantly Lactating Cow: SpongeBob and Sandy milk a giant fangtooth fish (apparently the underwater equivalent of cows) who does not have any fries with her.
- Continuity Nod: While at the mountain where the Yeti Krab lives, the graves of Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry can be seen.
- Humiliation Conga: Sandy beating Mr. Krabs senseless after he reveals he sent her and SpongeBob on a fake shopping trip to trick Plankton, and taking his money for her submarine being destroyed in the process.
- Ocular Gushers: SpongeBob does this when he tells Mr. Krabs about Plankton stealing all the ingredients.
- I Call It "Vera": Sandy calls her submarine "Matilda".
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: After SpongeBob and Sandy get all the ingredients on the list, Plankton manages to steal them all. Sandy then has to give the fur on her tail to yeti krab, who is angry at having his hair stolen by them and Plankton. When SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs what happened, he reveals that he gave them a fake shopping list, so he can shop for the real ingredients without Plankton following him. Sandy is not amused about Mr. Krabs putting their lives in danger for nothing.
- Shout-Out: When Sandy rolls up her sleeves just as she is about to beat up Mr. Krabs, her arms as well as the anchor tattoo is a nod to Popeye.
- Wild Goose Chase: Mr. Krabs reveals that he gave SpongeBob a list of fake krabby patty ingredients so that Plankton will follow him, and he can go get he real ingredients undetected, but Sandy was angry that Mr. Krabs would put them through that mess for nothing.