Air date: February 13, 2018 ("Drive Happy")/February 14, 2018 ("Old Man Patrick")
SpongeBob buys a sentient self-driving car that tries to control his life. / When Patrick thinks he's an old man, SpongeBob tries to show him how much find being a kid can be.
"Drive Happy" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Some things that seem cool can have an adverse affect on your life.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Coupe is a self-driving car who is sentient, but proves to be just as bad as Le Spatula.
- Butt-Monkey: SpongeBob's new car leads him into this status yet again. At first, Coupe hogs SpongeBob's bedroom, forcing him and Gary to sleep outside in the rain. Then, he doesn't want to be seen in front of the Krusty Krab, so he starts doing things for himself and takes cruel advantage of SpongeBob.
- Cool Car: Played with. Coupe is a fancy self-driving car on the outside, but when you get to know him, he's a snobby, self-absorbed asshole.
- Driven to Suicide: At the end, Coupe demands to be sold for vehicle parts to be put out of his misery.
- Iris Out: The episode ends on one. These became consecutive from this episode on.
- It's All About Me: Coupe has a very selfish demeanor.
- Jerkass: Coupe has a horrendous attitude and shows no concern for SpongeBob's well-being, only doing things for his own seflish needs. Luckily the self-absorbed bastard gets hit by Laser-Guided Karma in the end.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: While to minor avail, SpongeBob tries to invoke revenge on Coupe by installing a wheel on him and driving to work against the car's will. This backfires when Coupe gets a hold on SpongeBob with its seatbelts, but SpongeBob orders a large Krabby Patty with ice cream scoops and throws it on Coupe to interfere with his operation. Revenge is thereby invoked on him by Patrick.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Coupe receives his comeuppance at the end when he is used as a kiddy ride in front of the Krusty Krab by Patrick, who is acting like a complete idiot and sloppily eaten ice cream. Serves that pathetic excuse for a car right for all that he did for SpongeBob this whole episode.
- Special Guest: Brian George as Coupe.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: This is one of the episodes where Patrick's stupidity is taken to extreme levels: All he does here is smash his butt on Coupe and eat ice cream out of his belly button. It's a good thing it makes a good comeuppance for Coupe.
"Old Man Patrick" contains examples of:
- Black Comedy: Someone pretending to die.
- Brain Freeze: Patrick gets one following his consumption of several bowls of prune ice cream.
- Call-Back: The Bunny Buns arcade that SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs went to in "Mid-Life Crustacean" reappears in this episode.
- Disney Death: A fish flatlined and its revealed to be a trick. The same thing happens to SpongeBob as an old man later.
- Grumpy Old Man: Patrick in this episode.
- Iris Out: Just like its sister episode.
- Opening Shout-Out: SpongeBob helps Patrick remember who he is by re-enacting the opening theme.
- Rapid Aging: Patrick becomes an old man after receiving a brain freeze.
- Running Gag: Some playing Marco Polo, only for a man named Marco to show up and threaten them with violence if they keep shouting his name.
- Sanity Ball: Patrick massively outgrows his past immaturity and behaves like an old man after aging into one. Of course, he goes back to his old ways in the end.
- Suck E. Cheese's: Bunny Bun's.