Aired: March 11, 2017
The Krusty Krab moves to SpongeBob's pineapple after a customer is overwhelmed by a Krabby Patty he eats.
- Bait-and-Switch: When the artist says that the Krabby Patty would make him die, at first you'd assume that he hates Krabby Patties...but then he adds "And go to Heaven!" after his statement.
- The Krusty Krab previously moved to SpongeBob's house in "Banned in Bikini Bottom".
- Squidward suggests that the Krabby Patty be renamed the 'SpongeBob Patty', a possible reference to "The Krusty Sponge".
- Compressed Vice: Mr. Krabs' jealousy of SpongeBob's popularity and cooking skills, as he hasn't shown any signs of it in other episodes.
- Continuity Nod:
- One of the Krabby Patties that Mr. Krabs makes resembles the Nasty Patty.
- Squidward mentions his abs in his song "I Hate People", implying that he still has his rock-hard abs he received in The Sponge Bob Movie Sponge Out Of Water.
- The concept of customers criticizing a fry cook taking SpongeBob's place for their low-effort cooking has been previously shown in a handful of episodes (e.g. "Hooky", "Suds").
- Emergency Impersonation: To prove to the customers that SpongeBob is in the kitchen, Mr. Krabs disguises himself in a SpongeBob costume.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "And all the customers can kiss my abs!".
- Green-Eyed Monster: Mr. Krabs becomes jealous of SpongeBob's popularity in making Krabby Patties, since the burgers are supposed to be his recipe. Squidward even calls him out on it.
- Hates Everyone Equally: Squidward exhibits this in "I Hate People".
- Replacement Scrappy: In-Universe: Mr. Krabs takes SpongeBob's place as the Krusty Krab fry cook while the latter is running his in-home restaurant business, but the customers criticize the poor quality flavor of the Krabby Patties after realizing that SpongeBob isn't in the kitchen.
- Right Behind Me: This occurs when Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob and the other customers catch Squidward in the act of singing his musical number about how he hates them.
It is up to SpongeBob to get Plankton back with Karen after the latter kicks him out of the Chum Bucket.
"Plankton Gets the Boot":
- Berserk Button: Don't insult Karen's new screensaver by saying it makes her processor look fat. Plankton learnt this the hard way, twice.
- Call-Back: When SpongeBob is eating popcorn as he watches the romantic film with Plankton, numerous objects from older episodes are seen in the background (e.g. The Flying Dutchman Board Game, the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy paddle ball set, a Krusty Krab pizza).
- Continuity Nod: When SpongeBob and Plankton are watching the romantic film, colorful balloons spelling the word "Fun" are seen in the background, a reference to the episode of the same name.
- Disguised in Drag: SpongeBob is required to disguise himself as a female robot and go on a date with Plankton at the Chum Bucket as a means to make Karen jealous.
- Here We Go Again!: Plankton insults Karen's new screensaver once again, which results in Karen beating him up, and throwing him out of the Chum Bucket again.
- Operation: Jealousy: Plankton goes this by disguising SpongeBob as a female robot win Karen back.