SpongeBob and Patrick's bet to see who can hold a funny face the longest ends with their faces freezing that way.
"Face Freeze" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Always heed someones wise advice so you dont suffer a problem yourself.
- Everyone Laughs Ending: SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs laugh at Squidward for getting his face frozen, which he doesn't like.
- Four Is Death: Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Patrick a story of a man who stuck his tongue out at people 444 times, which prevented him from putting it back in. The number also foreshadows how grotesque the episode becomes.
- From Bad to Worse: Sandy tries to straighten out SpongeBob and Patrick's frozen faces, but they turn out to be more hideous than before.
- Frozen Face: What the episode is all about.
- Irony: Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob and Patrick about the face freeze, and when he learned they ignored him, he was so angry that he gets a face freeze himself.
- Nightmare Face: This episode is dedicated to this trope.
- No Ending: The episode ends with everyones faces frozen with is no explanation of how they returned to normal before the next episode.
- Shout-Out: One of the ones Patrick chose to make is a pink monstrosity with square ears, a pointed head, a menacing grin, and sunken-in black eyes.
- Too Dumb to Live: Despite Mr. Krabs' warnings, SpongeBob and Patrick continue to make funny faces until they are stuck that way.
Glove World R.I.P.
SpongeBob and Patrick spend one last day at Glove World before it closes for good.
"Glove World R.I.P." contains examples of:
- An Aesop: You cant stop something from ending. When something ends, something new may begin soon.
- End of an Age: Glove World is shut down and a new park, Glove Universe, opens in its place.
- Hurricane of Puns: After the Glove World owner gives Patrick his hat to wear when the latter shows up with no pants, SpongeBob and Patrick unleash a slur of glove related puns.SpongeBob: Ooh, that looks Glovey on you, Patrick.Patrick: It fits like a glove.SpongeBob: Glove size fits all.Patrick: A penny saved is a penny gloved!SpongeBob: You can leave a glove to glove, but you can't make it glove.Patrick: She gloves me, she gloves me not.SpongeBob: All's fair in glove and war.Patrick: Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove! Glove.
- Negative Continuity: Despite Glove World closing down and being replaced by Glove Universe, it is shown operational in later episodes.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: SpongeBob and Patrick do everything they can to save the Glove World amusement park from being torn down, only for it to be pointless as the reason for the demolition is that Glove Universe, which is bigger and better, was opening just across from it. Not to mention that by the time they had found out about this they had already chaining themselves to the Glove World gates. That they can't even go see the new amusement park because Patrick threw the key in a swamp.