Airdate: August 19, 1998
A film festival from Los Angeles comes to South Park and corrupts it with their lack of culture. Meanwhile, Kyle tries to save Mr. Hankey from dying and Chef tries to cash in on the festival by selling his suggestively named treats, "Chocolate Salty Balls."
"Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls" episode contains examples of:
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Chef's food products and the songs he sings to advertise them.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Verbal example only, but Wendy calls Cartman "Fatass", to which Cartman retaliates by calling her a "skinny bitch". Only then does Mr. Garrison step in and punish Cartman.
- Jerkass: Robert Redford. He takes the film festival to South Park so it becomes a huge town with traffic jams because he has to deal it in Los Angeles and plans to do the same in every other small town he can.
- Karmic Death: Robert Redford is killed by Mr. Hankey's poo wave after killing Mr. Hankey twice.
- Shout-Out: In yet another homage to the works of Rankin/Bass Productions, Mr. Hankey's first Disney Death and Really Dead Montage mixed with a Dark Reprise with his theme (complete with the singer imitating Jimmy Durante) parodies the scene where Frosty melts in Frosty the Snowman.
- Take That!: Against the Sundance Festival and Robert Redford since Matt and Trey tried to have Orgasmo show there and weren't allowed to as well as how it was supposed to be an independant film festival and how it's turned into a big Hollywood event.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny is trampled by a crowd leaving a theater. Stan and Kyle are not present; instead, a moviegoer says, "Oh my God, I found a penny!", and his friend replies, "You bastard!"