Airdate: January 20, 1999
Stan and Kyle discover a man who has been trapped in the ice since 1996, but break up when they decide on different names for him. Meanwhile, the "ice man" tries to reconnect with his wife and kids.
"Prehistoric Ice Man" contains examples of:
- Ass Shove: Steve Irwin wrestles with animals and shoves his thumb up their buttholes.
- Call-Back: Stan & Kyle's throwing the phrase "You're a dick" at each other is similar to "Terrance and Philip in Not Without My Anus".
- Dr. Mephesto's four-assed animals are seen again
- Catch-Phrase: "I'm going to jam my thumb in it's butthole, that'll really piss it off!" is Steve Irwin's.
- Feud Episode: This happens between Stan and Kyle when they discover Larry.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Lampshaded: Larry was only frozen for three years... but the town treats it as if this were a big thing.
- No, You: Stan and Kyle end up saying "You're a dick!" to one another before deciding to fight each other.
- The boys watch Steve Irwin: The Crocodile Hunter and decide to play Crocodile Hunter.
- Cartman mixes up the movie Grease with finding the frozen ice man and then says "Be very very quiet. I'm hunting crocodiles, hahahahahaha." at the end of the episode while hunting for crocodiles.
- Take That!: Since Larry is three years behind everyone else, Kyle suggests he move to Des Moines, Iowa.
- Tempting Fate: Dr. Mephisto hopes that the media doesn't get wind of his discovery. The press immediately burst into his lab.
- They Killed Kenny Again: After Kyle falls into the hole, Stan says "Good job Cartman, you killed Kyle!" and Kenny gets to say "You bastard!".
- Later, Stan says "Oh my God! They revived Gorak!", and Kyle adds "You bastards!"
- Kenny dies by forgetting to get off of a walking escalator but due to Stan and Kyle fighting, the usual catchphrase is left hanging.
- We Used to Be Friends: Stan and Kyle end their friendship temporarily over what they want to name Larry. Stan wants to call him Gorak and Kyle wants to name him Steve.
- Your Cheating Heart: Larry finds his ex-wife remarried and with two kids (aged thirteen and eight, respectively). Larry was only frozen for three years. It's only after leaving their house that it dawns on him she was cheating on him throughout their entire relationship.