Timmy starts a new transportation service to raise money for summer camp. Centered on the mobile app called "Handicar", the service becomes town's number one mode of transportation. But Nathan, along with his sidekick Mimsy (together best known from the episode Crippled Summer), doesn't want to go to summer camp, and decides to end Handicar.
"Handicar" contains examples of:
- Absentee Actor: None of the main boys appear in this episode other than the opening.
- Abusive Parents: Played with and verging on Parents as People. Nathan's parents prefer to dump him at the summer camp he loathes rather than have to take him on holiday with them.
- Black Comedy Rape: A transvestite does this to Nathan.Nathan: And I thought the shark was bad!
- Dumbass Has a Point: Mimsy mentions a lot of well though-out and reasonable solutions for the taxi cab industry to complete with on-demand taxi services. All of them simply get him smacked.
- Knee Capping: The cab drivers does it on Timmy. Nathan calls them out on how stupid that is (y'know, because his legs already don't work).
- Metaphorgotten: Nathan's snake analogy is becoming less and less clear.
- Pass the Popcorn: Cereals in that case as everyone in town want to see the Wacky Race on Saturday.
- Nathan and Mimsy's characterization and presence continue the show's use of them to spoof Looney Tunes-style comedy.
- The entire climax is a spoof of Wacky Races which revels in being completely unsubtle, complete with all of the adults watching it on TV on the Saturday it happens while eating sugary breakfast cereal.note
- Stating the Simple Solution: Before Nathan attempts his last scheme, Mimsy asks him why he doesn't just tell his parents he hates summer camp and doesn't want to go. Subverted at the end of the episode when Nathan does so, then Double Subverted when his mom pretends not to understand him so she and his dad can go on a trip to Italy without him, believing that his very presence will ruin it for them. Elon Musk actually ends up doing it for the sake of Reset Button and just buy Handicar.
- Take That!: Many towards Matthew McConaughey and Interstellar.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Parodied when Mimsy supposedly gets a woman for Nathan to sexually harass, but the woman turns out to be a transvestite and rapes Nathan.Nathan: Would you like to see my dick?Woman: Sure, would you like to see mine?Nathan: Uh oh!
- Wacky Racing: Complete with Dick Dastardly and Muttley.