Air date: October 8, 2008
Cartman and Butters invade a P.F. Chang's after Cartman thinks China will overtake America after watching the 2008 Olympics opening ceremony. Meanwhile, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny are traumatized (in a manner befitting someone who has been raped or sexually molested) after seeing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
"The China Problem" contains examples of:
- Asian Speekee Engrish: Episode title aside, Cartman and Butters spoke Engrish in a feeble attempt to pass off as a couple of Chinese kids trying to coax information about a Chinese invasion of America from a Chinese family. The family's father wasn't having any of it, and even called them out for pretending to be Chinese stereotypes.
- Black Comedy Rape: The scenes with Indy, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.
- Even Evil Has Standards: As evil, bigoted, and racist a white supremacist like Cartman is, he's against the idea of people getting shot in the dick.
- Everybody Cries: Played for Laughs. Everyone cries when they remember when they watched Indiana Jones getting raped. First it's only the kids, but later the lawyer they hired joined in. Then a police man to who they reported the story cries with them too. In the end the A-plot gets resolved, when an entire police unit starts crying, which allows Cartman and Butters, who were supposed to be arrested, to just walk away.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Butters slaps Cartman when he starts freaking out.
- Groin Attack/Rule of Three: Three people get accidentally shot in the dick by Butters.
- Karma/Idiot Houdini: Butters gets away with shooting three people in the dick without any punishment, and Cartman himself gets away with his racist actions towards the Chinese stereotype without being called out on it. Even Kyle doesn't bother to do so, since he has his own problems to deal with.
- Only Sane Man: Butters and Sgt. Yates regarding the crusade against George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Butters because he liked the movie, and Yates because arresting somebody for making a bad movie is incredibly stupid.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The Indiana Jones subplot starts off when Kyle announces he's not participating in whatever Cartman's being an asshole about, choosing to leave the bus stop saying "Sorry, I can't do this." When Stan reminds Kyle he usually calls Cartman an asshole about now, Kyle agrees but doesn't have the energy to do it like usual.
- Shout-Out: The scenes where Indiana gets raped by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg contain references to Boys Don't Cry, The Accused and Deliverance (all of which have brutal scenes of rape).
- Take That!: To anyone who uses the term [something/someone] raped my childhood! by showing scenes of a beloved icon being brutally and realistically raped, just to show how insensitive and stupid that phrase is, especially to actual rape victims.
- Except that in the commentary for episode, Matt and Trey make it clear that they really do feel that Lucas and Spielberg raped Indy. They made the rape graphic not to mock people who say their childhoods were raped but as a way of saying fuck you to Lucas and Spielberg.
- Trauma Button: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is this for people who have seen the film, excluding Cartman (who's more focused on stopping China from taking over America) and Butters (who actually liked the film).
- Unexplained Recovery: Despite getting killed off in "Free Hat", both George Lucas and Steven Spielberg appear alive and well.