It's "Canada Appreciation Day" and Mr. Mackey shows everyone a video. Unfortunately, things don't go well and Canada gets made fun of. Stephen Abootman's not going to take that lying down.
Tropes used Canada on Strike.
- Comically Small Bribe: Kyle offers Abootman a very small reward in order to end the strike. Abootman easily accepts just because he thinks it'll save his reputation. Abootman hands every Canadian a bubblegum plus a coupon to Bennigan's. Terrance and Phillip crunch some numbers and find that this reward is minuscule compared to the millions of dollars Canada lost from forgoing work.
- Didn't Think This Through: Canada going on strike, just because nobody cared about "Canada Appreciation Day". They didn't even take into account that the whole charade could be a detriment rather than a benefit to the country.
- The boys think that they will immediately gain monetary compensation for a viral video that gains a lot of views. They needed to have ads sponsor their video and generate revenue from the advertisers to make money.
- It's All About Me: Out of all the internet celebs, Taz Zonday / "Chocolate Rain" Guy is the most self-absorbed.
- Stephen Abootman. All Stephen cared about was looking like a hero rather than an impulsive idiot who had no idea what he was doing and be banished from Canada by being sent adrift as a result. He refused to stop the strike for that reason rather than drop his pride and end the strike before it resulted in the numerous deaths of his countrymen.
- Laser-Guided Karma: As mentioned before, Stephen didn't really care whether or not this scheme of a strike earned Canada more respect and/or money; all he cared about was looking like a hero. As a result, he ultimately ended up looking like a fool, costing Canada millions in dollars and hundreds if not thousands in lives, and was banished from Canada by being sent adrift.
- Reality Ensues: By going on a country-wide strike and only getting coupons as a token of gratitude, Canada lost millions more dollars than gained. Adding onto this, because of no funds coming into the country, a lot of citizens starve and die before the end of it.
- Take That!: Towards the 2007-2008 Writer Strike. It's obvious with the World Canadian Bureau's initials being "WGA" instead of WCB.