Part two to Pandemic, this episode follows after Craig, Carman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny are sent to Peru, while the Guinea pigs terrorize South Park.
- A Day in the Limelight: Craig. Or two days, counting the previous episode.
- Broken Aesop: Deliberate. The Aesop seems to be that you don't have to do what is expected of you, no matter how much pressure there is on you. Craig is the only one of the boys who actually tries to do this. Except... it's in trying to fight fate that he is The Chosen One.
- Brown Note: Peruvian flute music for some reason acts as this for the guinea pigs.
- Character Development: Between the previous episode and this one, Craig's character was finalised - he's still a Living Prop in comparison to the main cast, but now he has a solid personality as a snarker who doesn't like being pushed around - by anybody.
- The Chosen One: The boys say Craig is destined to save the world. Craig just wants to go home.
- Deadpan Snarker: Craig's character is cemented as being this.Craig: Okay, now sparks are shooting out of my eyes.
- Medium Blending The giant Guinea pigs are live-action Guinea pigs in little costumes composited into the animation. Cutest Apocalypse Ever.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Craig keeps telling the boys that no one wants to hang out with them because they're always going off on dangerous adventures.
- Slurpasaur: Spoofed with the giant Guinea pigs, and the other giant Guinea creatures, which are just Guinea pigs in adorable costumes.
- Whole Plot Reference: Randy's storyline to Cloverfield. In particular, it points out how ridiculous the idea of someone compulsively shooting video in the middle of a disaster is.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Craig doesn't want to be the Chosen One, and tries to fight it despite it being obvious to everybody, and even he is freaked out by seeing a prophecy carved into an ancient temple wall. But he just wants to go home, while everybody else puts him under terrible pressure to keep going deeper into trouble - even the evil Guinea-Pirate. Ultimately though, he proves that you can just walk away, which makes him the one who is destined to... learn that when you're the chosen one, you can't. Kudos for trying though, Craig.