Air date: October 3, 2007
Influenced from a potty-mouthed kid with Tourette's Syndrome who he saw at the toy store, Cartman starts faking Tourette's Syndrome in order to blurt out obscenities without receiving punishment. However, faking this condition starts to wear on his mental filter and he unintentionally starts revealing very humiliating secrets.
Episode contains examples of:
- The Bad Guy Wins: Cartman's thorough Laser-Guided Karma is fully avoided due to Kyle trying to get him punished. Kyle is obviously shocked.Kyle and Thomas: Aw, shit!
- Becoming the Mask: See Too Much Information.
- Compelling Voice: Cartman is compelled to take a seat when Chris Hansen says "why don't you take a seat?", much to his frustration.
- Disability as an Excuse for Jerkassery: Cartman believes that those with Tourette's Syndrome do this in order to curse obscenely without punishment and he fakes the disorder as a result. His endgame was going on television and making an anti-semitic hate speech.
- Driven to Suicide: A bunch of pedophiles are tricked into going to the studio. The moment they see Chris Hansen, they shoot themselves.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Cartman fakes having Tourette's Syndrome in order to say whatever he wants without being punished. However, he does it so much that he loses his filter and starts blurting out embarrassing secrets and fears being publicly humiliated as a result.
- Hollywood Tourette's: Thomas suffers from Tourette's Syndrome, exhibiting the typical swearing. The episode also shows a group of kids with Tourette's showing other types of involuntary behavior.
- Never Suicide: The story Chris Hansen tells Cartman to get him to go through with appearing on TV strongly implies this."You know, one tiiime, I was doin' a show called To Catch A Predator. We almost caught this pedophile, but then he raaan from us 'cause he didn't wanna be on Dateline. Se we tracked him down to his hoouuse. And you know what he did? He shot himself. It'd be a shame if... you didn't wanna go on Dateline. Be a shame if we had to track you down, and you 'shot yourself.'"
- Oh, Crap!: Every pedophile has this reaction to seeing Chris Hansen."Oh God, it's Chris Hansen!"
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Thinking Kyle derailed Dateline to help him, Cartman sincerely thanks him.
- Out of Focus: Stan and Kenny appear in class but have no dialogue.
- Running Gag: Craig saying "If I could say [offensive vulgarity], I would be soooo happy." anytime he hears Cartman swear.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Excessive amounts of it throughout.
- Thomas, due to his Tourette's.
- Cartman goes down this rotue after being influenced by Thomas.
- Take That!:Craig: "If I could call Chris Hansen an asshole-licking dickfart to his face, I would be sooo happy."
- Too Much Information: After swearing too much, Cartman loses his mental filter and starts blurting out things he doesn't want to say, like how he wets the bed, how he and his cousin touched wieners, and how he's lying about his condition.