- Fantastic Racism: Against the talking otters in the future.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Averted. Cartman adapts to life in the future quickly.
- I Hate Past Me: Cartman's attempts to stop his past self from freezing himself end with both Cartmans pissed off.
- Misapplied Phlebotinum: They have telephones that can contact the past. They only are used to make prank calls. Justified, in that it is against the law to use them for anything else due to the risks in altering the past.
- Mundane Utility: In the future, there are phones that can be used to call the past. They're used by children to make prank calls. In fact, it's against the law to use them for anything but, due to the risks of altering the past (not that you'd notice). Not that that stops Cartman.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: The Wise Old Otter who says to the other otters that maybe religion isn't as bad as they say. The otters think about it for a moment, then they promptly kill him for it.
- Outgrown Such Silly Superstitions: The atheist future that the boys visit have this view of religion. When Cartman uses a religious expletive ("goddamnit") one of the scientists remarks about him believing in fairy tales.
- Ultimately subverted, see YMMV above.
- Reality Ensues: Cartman is able to obtain a Wii from an old museum, but the old VHS hook up no longer exists after centuries of technological development.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Cartman attempts to do this by calling his past self, Butters and Kyle to prevent his being frozen. It fails.
- Although he manages to do so by revealing to Richard Dawkins that Mrs. Garrison is a post-op transsexual, breaking them up and preventing the war between atheists in the future.
- Shout-Out: The Previously On segment and following intro parody the opening to Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, even reusing the theme song.
- Silly Reason for War: The atheist sects are waging war over what to name the united atheist government.
- In the altered future, there are still wars. But wars are no longer fought over any "-isms", instead the three groups are at war with the "French-Chinese" over legal ownership of Hawaii.
- Talking Animal: The otters.
- The Un-Reveal: In the altered future, the three groups had needed Cartman for something else. But not even Cartman know what it was.
Recap / South Park S 10 E 13 Go God Go XII