Eggman drops in for a surprise visit on MomBot, only to found his brother, Steve Eggman/Morpho, already there. Despite not being actual siblings, they start fighting like siblings, and MomBot finally has enough and orders them to work together to stop their archnemesis, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Down in the canyon, Sonic and Knuckles are setting up for a off-road race. Sonic jumps out to an early lead, but just before he reaches the finish line, a dimensional portal appears in front of him. Sonic frantically hits the brakes, but to no avail, as his car goes through the portal, taking Sonic with it. Eggman is a bit concerned, thinking he remembers how there was a big deal where if two of the same person were in the same dimension, it would cause an anomaly that would destroy the universe. However, Morpho assures him that he sent Sonic to a universe where there is no Sonic the Hedgehog.
Coming out of the portal, Sonic finds himself back in Hedgehog Village, but something seems amiss. For example, Knuckles appears to be a TV Star who runs his own "Upper Body Only Workout Center". This leaves Sonic officially confused.
Back in the prime dimension, Eggman and Morpho move onto Phase 2. Morpho attempts to cover up Sonic's disappearance by disguising himself as Sonic. Unfortunately, Morpho apparently knows nothing about Sonic, as his attempt to be thoughtful to Amy doesn't fool her at all, since Sonic's never that thoughtful.
In the alternate dimension, Sonic finds things are worse than he thought. Amy doesn't recognize him at all, and Lord Eggman actually runs the place! Before Sonic can leap into action to defeat Eggman like he always does, he's placed under arrest and thrown in jail with Alternate!Dave the Intern, who was jailed for not giving Lord Eggman extra pickles on his order. His jail time is short-lived, however, as Alternate!Amy breaks him out and takes him to meet Alternate!Sticks, the leader of a rebellion against Lord Eggman. Sonic's willing to help overthrow Eggman, but they need the whole team back together first.
In the prime dimension, Morpho again tries to pass off as Sonic at Meh Burger, but blows it again by ordering a salad instead of Sonic's Trademark Favorite Food, a chili dog.
In the alternate dimension, Sonic manages to get Alternate!Knuckles on board, and they launch their attack on Lord Eggman's lair. Much to Sonic's surprise, he finds Alternate!Tails working for Lord Eggman as his lab assistant and sidekick. Sonic attempts to win Alternate!Tails over by revealing how much he knows about him, but Lord Eggman arrives in response to the alarm Alternate!Tails sounded, and a fight breaks out. During the fight, Sonic saves Alternate!Tails from one of Lord Eggman's missiles, which wins him over for good. The reunited team finally hands Lord Eggman his first defeat.
With Lord Eggman defeated, Sonic returns to his home dimension, where Morpho is still failing miserably to convince anyone that he's Sonic. With Sonic's return, the shenanigans are put to an end. MomBot, however, is satisfied with Eggman and Morpho: Even if their plan was a colossal failure, at least they finally worked together!
Tropes Used In This Episode
- MomBot returns from her namesake episode, as does Eggman's Brother, "Steve Eggman"/Morpho.
- Eggman recalls the events of "Two Good To Be True," where someone else was sent to another dimension and almost caused an anomaly that would destroy the universe.
- The Cameo: Morpho's transformation ability gives us a couple of these. He transforms into Vector the Crocodile, Metal Sonic, and Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Imposter Forgot One Detail: Morpho apparently knows absolutely nothing about Sonic, so all his attempts to pass for him fail miserably.
- Insistent Terminology:
- "Steve Eggman" insists on being called Morpho.
- Alternate!Tails insists that he's Lord Eggman's sidekick.
- Mangled Catchphrase: Morpho's attempts to pass as Sonic include using completely wrong catchphrases like "What's Up, Doc?" and "Gotta Catch 'Em All!"
- Never the Selves Shall Meet: Defied. Morpho makes certain to send Sonic to a dimension where an alternate version of him doesn't exist in order to avoid the whole "two versions of the same person existing in the same dimension for too long will cause a universe-destroying anomaly" thing.
- Out-of-Character Alert: Everyone immediately sees through Morpho's disguise as Sonic since he has no idea how to act like Sonic.
- Out of Order: The cars from 'If You Build It, They Will Race' appear in this episode. "If You Build It, They Will Race" was produced first, but aired after this episode.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Subverted. While Morpho can perfectly imitate Sonic's appearance and voice, it's the fact that he can't act like Sonic at all that makes his disguise paper thin.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Morpho blows his cover at Meh Burger by having "Sonic" order a salad instead of a Chili Dog.
- Wimp Fight: Eggman and Morpho get into one of these before MomBot breaks them up.