When Doctor Eggman's biggest robot yet, HugeBot, is easily destroyed by Sonic, Eggman realizes that bigger is not better, so he creates a bunch of tiny FleaBots guaranteed to turn even the most hygenic foe into a bumbling itchy mess. Orbot and Cubot proceeds to take the FleaBots and plant them on Sonic and his friends.
Sure enough, the ravages of the FleaBots turn Sonic and co. into bumbling itchy messes. And to make matters worse, their flea infestations result in them being placed in quarantine. With Sonic and the others locked up in quarantine, Doctor Eggman is free to rampage through the village, with nothing to stop him.
Meanwhile, Sonic and the others are trying everything they can think of to get rid of the fleas, but they soon discover that thay're not fleas at all, but FleaBots. Recognizing this as one of Eggman's schemes, Team Sonic attacks Eggman's lair, but struggle to fight effectively due to their itchiness. Eventually, they manage to get their hands on the FleaBot controller, and turn the tables on Eggman by infesting him with his own Fleabots.
Tropes Used in this Episode
- Agony of the Feet: Amy smashes Tails' foot with her hammer on one scene
- Big Ball of Violence: Team Sonic gets into a very apologetic one of these, as they're trying desperately to smash the FleaBots and beating each other up in the process. They only manage to get two in the process.
- Call-Back: Mark the Tapir from "The Biggest Fan" returns in this episode to lead the Gogobas on a tour of Tails' house, and point out Amy wearing a flea collar.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Doctor Eggman is outraged when the Village Market jacks up the price of "Choco Num-Num Bars."
- Evil Is Petty: Eggman's evil plot this time is just to get some of his favorite candy, "Choco Num-Num Bars."
- Flea Episode: Dr. Eggman unleashes an army of robotic fleas on Sonic and his friends in this episode.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: Tails says he needs to go get some more ketchup so he can get away from the others long enough to scratch his itches.
- Inconvenient Itch: Team Sonic, with the exception of Sticks, is desperate to keep the fact that they have fleas hidden, so they do their best to not scratch in front of each other.
- Look, a Distraction!: Sonic points out a "hideous stain" on the floor of Meh Burger to distract the others long enough to scratch himself.Dave: It's not a stain, it's the one clean spot.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Amy's response to Sonic's greeting of "Sup, peeps?"Amy: Nothing! No shameful hygiene problems here, that's for sure!
- Tempting Fate: When Sonic and his friends get quarantined into Tails' house, Amy objects to Sonic having her wear a flea collar. Sonic tells her, "It's not like anyone can see you.", just before Mark leads the Gogobas on a tour of Tails' house, wherein he points out Amy wearing a flea collar.
- Tour Guide Gag: Mark leads the Gogobas on a tour of Tails' house just as Sonic convinces Amy to wear a flea collar.Mark: And continuing our walking tour, here's Tails' house. Oh, and inside, there's Amy Rose wearing a flea collar, not unlike an outdoor cat.