Sonic accidentally offends the village by not letting Mike the Ox tag along with him to fight Eggman because he's "just a guy."
This episode provides examples of:
- Achilles in His Tent: Sonic rage quits his Superhero duties after getting fed up with the villagers criticizing him and refuses to deal with the Lightning Bolt Society.
- Call-Back: When the Lightning Bolt Society hears that Sonic has retired, they decide to take over the Unnamed Village. Dave asks them if they tried this already, and Willy Walrus tells him that happened when Dr. Eggman retired, referencing the events of "Eggman Unplugged".
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Lampshaded.Sonic: You know what I think is compassionate? Saving the village from Eggman, like, every week. But do I get any props for that? No! Everyone just goes around gasping at me when I call a guy "a guy" or people "people"!
- Entitled Bastard: The villagers, after shunning Sonic, and exaggerating a couple of off-hand remarks and generally acting like a bunch of self-righteous hypocritical jerks, run to Sonic, begging him to stop the Lightning Bolt Society's rampage.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Even Sonic's own friends shun him for calling Mike "a guy".
- Felony Misdemeanor: Sonic is shunned by the entire village because he called a guy a guy and people people.
- Harmless Villain: Sonic says that he's eaten burritos that were more dangerous than the Lightning Bolt Society.
- Here We Go Again!: The Lightning Bolt Society call the townspeople "you people" and are seen taking Amy's seminar.
- Hypocrite: The old Monkey berates Sonic for calling Mike just a guy. Then when Sonic lets him have his way and tag along, only to get injured, the old Monkey throws another fit, saying that it was irresponsible of Sonic and that Mike is just a guy.
- Medium-Shift Gag: Sonic, waking up from several inner Happy Places goes one too many...into a live action clip of a guy taking out the trash in a bad Sonic costume.
- Poke the Poodle: When the Lightning Bolt Society hears that Sonic has quit, they decide to do such evil deeds as... overturning toilet paper in the restroom and pouring juice from a juice box into a glass.Lady Walrus: But it's already a juice container! Why dirty a glass?
- Rage Breaking Point:Sonic: I quit hero-ing! And I quit this stupid group!
- 10-Minute Retirement: After Sonic gets upset at the villagers for not appreciating him saving them on a regular basis and instead blowing everything he says about them out of proportion, he decides to quit. His retirement doesn't last long when the Lightning Bolt Society destroys a fence and lets a flock of sheep loose.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Sonic tells the villagers that they berate him for the simplest things instead of giving credit where credit is due. As a result he has a temporary retirement.
- Title Drop
- Too Dumb to Live: Mike, who is just a "guy", sees nothing wrong with wanting to watch a potentially dangerous battle between the heroes and Eggman, and possibly getting injured in the process.
- Ungrateful Townsfolk: The villagers are this trope to the fullest.