Originally aired November 19, 2010
Written by John Chisholm
Directed by Tom Welling
Oliver registers with the Vigilante Registration Act to find out what exactly the government plans to do with vigilantes who sign up. Aquaman re-surfaces with his new wife Mera.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Action Girl: Mera, Aquaman's wife.
- Antagonist Title: The title is a reference to General's Slade Patriotic Fervor that causes him to act against our heros.
- Battle Couple: Aquaman and Mera in contrast with Clark who is being overprotective and keeping Lois in the dark of his more dangerous activities.
- Brutal Honesty: Mera does not hesitate from speaking her mind.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Part of the reason Mera is hard on Lois is because she and Arthur had a relationship back in "Aqua."
- Cold-Blooded Torture: General Wilson is doing this to any vigilante he can get his hands on, including Oliver and Arthur.
- Composite Character: General Slade Wilson is one of Deathstroke and General Wade Eiling.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Mera initially has a poor option of Lois due to being an ordinary civilian meddling with those above, but once Lois proves herself, she warms up to her and actually apologizes.
- Eyepatch of Power: Slade is seen with one at the end of the episode.
- Fanservice: Mera shows a lot of skin wearing a skin tight swimsuit that shows a lot of Absolute Cleavage and later wears civvies with Bare Your Midriff.
- Fiery Redhead: Mera is a passionate and opinionated woman, which is what attracted Arthur to her.
- Happily Married: Arthur and Mera.
- General Ripper: Smallville's adaptation of Slade Wilson is one, spearheading the Vigilante Registration Act.
- Making a Splash: Much like Arthur, Mera also has powers that allow her to manipulate water.
- Mark of the Beast: The Omega symbol. It's even lampshaded by Clark and Tess in the final act.
- Ms. Fanservice: Mera played by the gorgeous Elena Satine.
- Mundanger: Slade Wilson has no special powers.
- Naked First Impression: How Mera and Lois first meet.
- Shoulders-Up Nudity: Mera when she's introducing herself to Lois.
- Patriotic Fervor: General Slade's motivation.Slade Wilson: No civilian should have more power than the law.
- Redhead In Green: The redheaded Mera wears a dark green outfit, and is seen wearing other green accessories throughout the episode.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Arthur and Mera aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty despite being the ruling monarchs of Atlantis.
- Ruling Couple: Arthur and Mera are this to Atlantis.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Mera has no qualms with taking off her swimsuit and being naked right in front of Lois.
- She's Got Legs: Mera's swimsuit shows off her shapely legs.
- Smug Super: Mera is very proud of her powers and looks down on Lois for being a normal human that shouldn't get involved with someone like Clark. She becomes more humble when Lois helps them defeat Slade.
- Stay in the Kitchen: A major plot point of the episode. Clark is reluctant to involve Lois in his career as a superhero, but he gets over himself by the end of the episode and introduces Lois into the Justice League.
- Taking You with Me: General Slade is willing to sacrifice his own life if it means taking Clark with him.
- Title Drop: Courtesy of a guy on the radio.
- Toplessness from the Back: Mera when she's changing in front of Lois.
- Villain of the Week: General Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke.