Originally aired November 13, 2009
Written by Anne Coffell Saunders
Directed by Glen Winter
Zan and Jayna, two young metahuman siblings who are huge fans of The Blur, perform heroic feats and leave their hero's symbol at the sites of their acts; this causes Metropolis's district attorney to demand that The Blur reveal himself. Lois starts to suspect that Clark and The Blur are one in the same.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Amoral Attorney: Ray Sacks, Metropolis's District Attorney who tries to kill Lois and make it look like The Blur is responsible.
- Animorphism: Jayna's power.
- Ascended Fanboy: Both Zan and Jayna are fans of The Blur, and they get to help him keep his identity safe from the public.
- Bound and Gagged: A group of officers are sent to Lois inside a crate like this.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Powers activate!"
- Clark Kenting: This episode marks another appearance of Clark's glasses, which he'll later begin to wear more frequently the next season.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Lois having a seizure and collapsing in Clark's arms.
- Costume Copycat: Zan and Jayna are trying to help The Blur by crediting their heroics to him via his mark.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: Zan's power allow him to do this with water.
- Fanservice: Clark shirtless and Lois wearing only a Modesty Bedsheet in Lois's vision of them after sex in the Bad Future.
- Frame-Up: Ray plans to murder Lois and pin the blame on The Blur.
- Hero-Worshipper: Zan and Jayna idolize The Blur.
- Mundanger: Ray Sacks is a regular human being.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Zan and Jayna cause most of the episode's problems through their irresposible heroics.
- Relationship Upgrade: Clark and Lois kiss at the end of the episode, thus causing Clois to FINALLY become canon.
- Sibling Team: Zan and Jayna the Wonder Twins.
- Shapeshifter: Jayna and Zan power's.
- Telepathy: Zan and Jayna share some kind of telepathic link.
- Toplessness from the Back: Lois briefly in her vision of the Bad Future.
- Villain of the Week: District Attorney Ray Sacks.