Originally aired May 7, 2009
Written by Turi Meyer & Al Septien
Directed by Tom Welling
Clark finds Chloe, who claims Davis is out of control. Tess sends her team of metahumans to track down Davis.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Antagonist Title: The title of the episode refers to the Injustice Gang.
- Adaptational Wimp: Injustice League is one of most dangerous organizations of the world in the comics. The Injustice Gang are a few super powered teens.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Oliver uses Lex's Kryptonite ring to weaken Rudy while he has Clark's powers to force him to transfer them back.
- Batman Gambit: Clark admits to doing this to Oliver to get him to steal a chunk of Black Kryptonite from Tess' vault.
- Brought Down to Normal: Clark, thanks to Rudy Jones stealing his powers. He gets them back soon after.
- Cool Car: Emil loans a temporarily powerless Clark a fast and snazzy-looking car so he can get to the Luthor Mansion.Emil: It's not faster than a speeding bullet, but it'll get you there pretty quick.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Tess' eyes wander when confronted with a naked Oliver.
- Elite Mooks: The Injustice Gang.
- Evil Wears Black: The Injustice Gang's color palette consists of black and other dark colors.
- Explosive Leash: The Injustice Gang all have micro-bombs implanted on their heads. Livewire and Eva die when they are triggered.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Members of the Injustice Gang rock black leather outfits.
- Killed Offscreen: Neuron by Doomsday.
- Logical Weakness: Parasite absorbs Clark's weaknesses as well as his powers, which allows Oliver to defeat him with kryptonite.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: First Livewire, but soon the whole Injustice Gang turn on Tess because of this.
- Mythology Gag: Emil's line about "faster than a speeding bullet."
- Power Parasite: The titular Parasite. He does this to Livewire and Clark.
- Ready for Lovemaking: Oliver when Tess finds in her bed wearing only a Modesty Bedsheet.
- Red Shirt: Neuron is killed by Doomsday before even getting a chance to show off his powers. Livewire is quick to follow.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Plastique and Parasite against Tess after they find about their kill switches.
- Shapeshifting: Eva's powers, which she uses to turn on Chloe and keep an eye on Clark.
- Shock and Awe: Livewire's power. Becomes Parasite's after he absorbs it.
- Title Drop: Courtesy of Plastique near the end of the episode.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Tess accuses Clark of avoiding Doomsday in order to avoid having to kill him.
- Tuckerization: One of the street names that Clark is directed towards to find the Cool Car is named for Greg Beeman, who served as a producer on the show and directed several episodes.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Clark calls Oliver out for killing Lex after finding out the truth, and Oliver again gripes at Clark for his unwillingness to make the hard decisions.Oliver: I took the ring after I took Lex Luthor's life.Clark: You're responsible for the explosion.Oliver: You know, Lex may have been your friend a lifetime ago, Clark, but eventually, he would have killed you. That meteor rock ring is proof of that.Clark: Why were you wearing it? In case I don't agree with the next murder you plan?Oliver: You know what? This is great, really, really great. You don't have the guts to take out that murdering bastard. I come in, I mop up your mess, and what do you do? You get all self-righteous on me. We do what we have to do, Clark! And deep down in your heart, you know that that was my only choice 'cause you're gonna do the exact same thing when you find Davis Bloome. And all I can do is hope that the guilt doesn't weigh you down as much as it does me.Clark: Thank you, Oliver. But I'll take it from here.Oliver: All right, look, we don't see eye-to-eye on everything; that's no secret, Clark. We're still on the same side.Clark: No, we're not.Oliver: I see. You're not gonna use that thing to kill him, are you?Oliver: Well, I guess I wasn't the only one hiding something, then.Clark: I didn't have a choice, Oliver. I had to tell you what you wanted to hear so you'd get me the Black Kryptonite.Oliver: How many more lives are you willing to sacrifice if your plan fails this time, Clark?! Put your ego aside. You have a responsibility.Clark: My responsibility is to do what's right. Like it or not, we stand for something. We set an example for others to follow. And if we don't, then we're no better than the people we fight.Oliver: I'm not your enemy, Clark.Clark: Then who are you?
- Why Am I Ticking?: Eva just before her death.
- Villain of the Week: Eva Greer, Neutron, Parasite, Plastique, and Livewire as the Injustice Gang.