Originally aired November 20, 2008
Written by Turi Meyer & Al Septien
Directed by Jeannot Szwarc
On the day of Chloe and Jimmy's wedding, Oliver goes to Cuba to confront Lex, only to find Lana there instead. Things take a dark turn when Doomsday crashes the wedding.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Almost Kiss: Clark and Lois are about to share a kiss during their Dance of Romance when Lana arrives at the wedding.
- Ballroom Blitz: Doomsday attacks Chloe and Jimmy's wedding.
- Bridal Carry: Doomsday carries Chloe this way after wreaking havoc at her and Jimmy's wedding.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Clark and Lois's growing romance being put on hold, a critically-injured Jimmy being taken to Star City for treatment, Brainiac taking over Chloe once again, and Lex revealed to be alive but on life support.
- Dance of Romance: Clark and Lois share one at the wedding.
- Dark Lord on Life Support: Lex, as revealed in the final scene.
- Demonic Possession: Brainiac takes over Chloe's body once again in the final scene.
- He's Back: Lana returns in this episode.
- Also, Lex appears briefly at the end.
- How We Got Here: The episode opens with footage of Clark and Lois wishing Chloe and Jimmy well in their marriage, the wedding itself, some of the party, and then bits of Doomsday's rampage, ending with a shot of the monster carrying Chloe off. The first act then starts hours before the wedding.
- Knight of Cerebus: When Doomsday arrives at Chloe and Jimmy's wedding, things go VERY bad.
- Shipper on Deck: Jimmy continues to be this for Clark and Lois.