Originally aired February 1, 2007
Written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders
Directed by Glen Winter
Lois tries on lipstick made with Red Kryptonite and falls in love with the first male she lays eyes on: Clark. When Lois and Clark share a kiss, the Red Kryptonite is introduced into Clark's body.
Tropes present in the episode:
- 24-Hour Party People: Lana doesn't know anyone apart from Martha and Chloe in her engagement dinner, according to Red!Clark anyways...
- Ballroom Blitz: Red!Clark and Lois crash Lex and Lana's engagement dinner.
- Drugged Lipstick: The red lipstick is made from red kryptonite and affects any who wears it.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Lois, under the effects of the love potion, gets one on her breast that reads "Lois and Clark," much to Clark's shock.
- Fanservice: Lois in thigh high boots, a very short skirt, and little else.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: Lois cleans up a plate of something after Clark runs off with Lana.
- G-Rated Drug: Red Kryptonite, yet again.
- Love Potion: The Red Kryptonite lipstick that causes Lois to fall in love with the first guy she sees—Clark.
- Mythology Gag:
- Lois' Embarrassing Tattoo reads Lois & Clark.
- Lois claims to be Clark's future, referring to Lana as his past. That chronology does match many versions of the story.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Red!Clark gives one to Lex, Lana, Chloe, and Martha at the engagement dinner.Lex: Clark, what are you doing here?Red!Clark: Come on, Lex. You didn't think I was gonna miss this, did you? And look—my own mother would rather raise a glass with the enemy than stand by her own son.Martha: Clark, you're not yourself.Red!Clark: It's okay, Mom. You're more a Luthor than a Kent these days anyway. I mean, Dad's been, what, dead a year? But who can blame you for joining the race with Lana? To see who's gonna add the Luthor monogram to their name first?[Lex moves to stop Red!Clark]Lana:: Lex, he's obviously on something, and he wants us to react. Please don't.Red!Clark:: [to Chloe] Chloe. I can't say that I'm surprised that you're celebrating here. After all, once Lana's off the market, all those years of unrequited pining may actually pay off. I can't say I haven't thought about it. [to Lana] And you. You know, I gotta hand it to you—if you were gonna rebound, why not choose the one person that I hated the most? But, I mean, come on, Lana—the joke's over by now, isn't it?Lex: Clark, I think you've done enough damage. Why don't you leave?Red!Clark: I'M NOT DONE YET! Besides, Lex, I haven't given you my gift yet. Congratulations on sealing the deal. [tosses a baby rattle to Lex] To baby Luthor—the real reason that Lana's marrying you.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: When Lois shows up at the Kent farmhouse looking to hook up with him, Clark distracts Lois by telling her to put a CD into a player. Once Lois' back is turned, he hightails it out of the house.
- Shipper on Deck: Jimmy is this for Lois and Clark.
- Small Role, Big Impact: The gypsy woman with the red Kryptonite lipstick isn't even named, but thanks to her Clark has burned all the remaining bridges to Lana and Lex, Jimmy breaks it off with Chloe, and Lois is dealing with a minor revelation of her own....
- Suddenly Shouting: Red!Clark does this during his speech at the engagement party.
- Take a Third Option: When Red!Clark starts to drag Lana away, Lois stops him and tells him "Lana's your past; I'm your future." Red!Clark replies "This is the present" and leaves.
- Wham Shot: Lex manages to stab Clark with a chisel. It ends up in Lana's hands. And it looks fucked.