Originally aired October 6, 2005
Written by Steven S. DeKnight
Directed by Terrence O'Hara
After Jor-El takes away his powers, Clark is relieved to finally be normal and pursues a secrets-free relationship with Lana. But when three metahumans takes Lana, Jonathan, and Martha hostage, Clark works with Chloe to figure out a way to stop them without his powers.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Batman Gambit: It's revealed that Lex pulled one on Clark to try and find out if he has superpowers. Clark isn't happy when he finds out.
- Brought Down to Badass: Clark shows he can hold his own without his Kryptonian powers.
- Creepy Twins: The aptly named Twins.
- Evil Albino: The Twins.
- Fantastic Drug: The Kryptonite cocktail that gave Tommy Lee his powers.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: In the final act, Clark confronts Lex and punches him after learning Lex arranged for Tommy Lee and the Twins to escape and hold his parents and Lana hostage all so Lex could find out whether or not Clark had superpowers.
- Sexy Discretion Shot: The episode ends with Clark and Lana disrobing each other and sinking to the floor kissing before the camera cuts away to outside the Talon and pans up to the night sky.
- Shock and Awe: Tommy Lee has the power to control electricity.
- Terrible Trio: Tommy Lee and the Twins.
- Their First Time: The episode ends with Clark and Lana sleeping together for the first time.
- Villain of the Week: Tommy Lee and the Twins.