Originally aired May 11, 2005
Written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders
Directed by James Marshall
Chloe and Lana are kidnapped by Brendan, the school photographer who keeps them and other students in a simulated version of Smallville High so he can keep reliving high school. Lex and Lionel are taken captive by Jason and Genevieve, who demand to know the location of the Stones of Power.
Tropes present in the episode:
- And I Must Scream: The fate of anyone that Brandan turns into wax.
- A Handful for an Eye: Jason does it to Lex.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Jason and Genevieve torture Lex with a hot poker.
- Eye Scream: Jason threatens Lex with this when they torture him.
- Literally Shattered Lives: Brendan tries to use his power on Clark, only for it to turn on him. He then falls down a staircase and breaks into pieces.
- No Ontological Inertia: As Brendan shatters into pieces, those who he turned to statues revert to normal.
- No-Sell: Brendan's powers don't work on Clark.
- Taken for Granite: Brendan has the power to turn anyone he touches (except Clark) into wax statues.
- Villain of the Week: Brendan Nash.
- Wax Museum Morgue: Brendan wanted to this with the Smallville students.