With the continued acting of Cain Heel, Kyoko begins to worry about Ren. His behavior keeps getting stranger, and even becomes a physical threat to Murasame, leaving Kyoko to feel overstrained.
Even when trying to find some help through President Lory, all he can offer her is encouraging words to keep supporting Ren. Can Kyoko find a way to help Ren or will she have to keep watching him self-destruct under the influence of Cain Heel?
This volume contains the chapters:
- Act 183: "Dark Breath" note
- Act 184: "Dark Breath" note
- Act 185: "Dark Breath" note
- Act 186: "Dark Breath" note
- Act 187: "Dark Breath" note
- Act 188: "Dark Breath" note
- Extra: "The Reason His Number-Withheld Calls Stopped" note
Chapters in this volume provide examples of:
- Berserk Button: Ren reacts to Murasame calling him a cold-blooded murderer.
- Blatant Lies: Kyoko claims to be concerned about Ren's hair excessive curling while talking to Lory on the phone, to disguise the fact that she's overcome by memories of having spent the last night with Ren in the same bed.
- Call-Back: Murasame asks the director if he managed to successfully step on Cain Heel's 'landmine', referring to his instructions for Murasame to test Cain in earlier chapters.
- Covered with Scars: Cain Heel's special makeup as BJ has his face covered in them, including what looks to be pieces of skin about to fall off completely.
- Chapter 184 begins with a flashback to Kuon being mocked for his mixed ancestry.
- Chapter 186 flashes back to Murasame yelling at Cain Heel, including his words that triggered Cain into holding Murasame in a choke-hold off a ledge.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo managa after all:
- Chapter 187 has Kyoko's thoughts wander to Tsuruga, flowers blooming behind him.
- Most chapters have a few instances of panel backgrounds filling with unexplained flowers.
- High Class Gloves: Kyoko wears a pair of turquoise ones on the cover.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Cain states this, citing that he is here because he's acting in the movie and supposed to make everyone 'live in fear and despair'.
- Late for School: Kyoko bursts out of the trailer and runs off to school, with Yashiro noting that she was doing the whole toast-in-mouth routine.
- Morality Chain: Kyoko's role as one to Ren's Cain personality becomes clearer. Ren even admits to himself that hearing Kyoko's voice ripped him from blind rage and allowed him to save Murasame and himself.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Kyoko manages to act Setsuka out as one, looking pleased at seeing Cain covered in his makeup, intending to take a picture of it and setting it as her phone's background image.
- Ojou Ringlets: Kyoko wears loose ones on the cover.
- Taking You with Me: Murasame realizes he can't get himself out of Cain's choke-hold and figures that, if he's gonna die here, he will take him along, too, and pulls him off the ledge. Both manage to survive, thanks to Kyoko's intervention and Ren's quick thinking.