Original Air Date: September 24th, 2016
The Season 2 finale. Shinomiya has invited some special guests to the final night of his pre-opening, including his mother. Soma participates in the new dish competition with the regular kitchen crew, making a French dish inspired by the Japanese oyakodon (chicken-and-egg rice bowl). He passes the Stagiaire challenge, and returns to Tootsuki to find a lot of students want to challenge him to shokugekis, showing that he's now accepted.
This episode provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion:
- Alice, Akira and Takumi (with Urara) manage to complete their Stagiaires at their respective places.
- We get to see how Hisako and Erina see each other again. Also Hisako finds out about Soma's Shokugeki with her tablet.
- Miyoko and Eizan are among the students watching Soma's matches.
- There're additional scenes of Stagiaire survivors returning to school: Takumi and Isami reuniting with a high five, Akira finding Jun sleeping on the floor, Alice greeting Ryou with small punches on his back and Hisako been greeted by Erina.
- Adapted Out:
- Fuyumi, Donato and Sekimori planning to dump all the blame on Doujima if Chapelle ever found out about that Shokugeki.
- Soma's Expository Hairstyle after the two-week time skip. In this version, he looks exactly the same.
- Call-Back: The guest chefs recall the unofficial shokugeki back in hell camp, and how they did not want Professor Chapelle to find out about it.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Hinako almost blabbed about the Shokugeki with Shinomiya in front of Professor Chapelle not once, but twice. Both times Fuyumi had to punch her while the others distracted their former teacher.
- Dare to Be Badass: Shinomiya bids farawell to Soma by warning him that nobody from his staff is short of being Elite Ten material. And also dared him to take the First Seat.
- The Determinator:
- Soma embraced every single technique he could learn from Shinomiya and Abel so he could be stronger and build his "New Yukihira style".
- Despite barely saving the restaurant assigned to him, Shun was so frustrated with himself that he returned to the kitchen once again.
- Dope Slap: Hinako is on the receiving end by both Fuyumi (who either punches or slaps her) and Shinomiya (who gives her his "Head-Lifts"). This also goes for Lucie as well.
- The Dutiful Son: Koujirou notes to himself that he took French cooking as his specialty because he wanted to make his mother smile.
- Embarrassing Nickname: An excited Soma thanks Koujirou by calling him "Shinomiya-Shishou" (i.e. "Master"). Hinako, Lucie and Fuyumi waste no time in teasing him.
- Evolving Credits: The ending 'Snow Drop' plays over scenes of the students returning to the school. The flower field is seen earlier, with Soma himself in it.
- Happy Flashback: When Soma asks Shinomiya why he specialized in French cuisine, he recalls his family's first trip to a French restaurant, and how it made his mother smile. (Of course he doesn't share that memory with Soma.)
- Impossibly Delicious Food: Hinako is blown away by Soma's dish. Shinomiya... isn't. But he allows that it's a good start. His improved version goes on the menu as Cailles Farcies au riz aux oeuf, Façon "Garçon Effronté" (Quail Stuffed with Risotto and Egg, "Cheeky Youngster Style").
- Stern Teacher: Koujirou, instead of praising Soma's dish, proceeded to show him how to improve it. Fuyumi, Hinako and Lucie complain that he could have given a positive comment at least, while Soma enthusiastically follows every instruction given.
- Worthy Opponent: As a result of his success in the Autumn Election, a lot of students now see Soma this way.
- Would Hit a Girl: Played for Laughs. Right after Hinako almost babbled about the Shokugeki in front of professor Chapelle and Fuyumi punched her, Shinomiya grabbed her head and lifted her from the floor. He does it again with both Hinako and Lucie as they're making fun of him.