Original Air Date: May 08th, 2015
Soma and Megumi visit the Donburi Research Society, where they find out that the club has been targeted for elimination by Erina Nakiri, who sent Meat Master Ikumi Mito to take care of the respective Shokugeki. Soma decides to step in and represent the Club by accepting the Shokugeki.
This episode provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion:
- Marui, Daigo and Shoji are shown sleeping at Marui's room, which also explains why they didn't go to the garden in the manga version.
- Ikumi is shown harassing Kanachi before the opening so she can challenge him to a Shokugeki.
- Yuuki, Ryoko and Isshiki's reactions to Soma accepting the Shokugeki against Ikumi are shown.
- Club Stub: Soma's first Shougeki involves saving the Don RS Club from becoming another of Erina's cooking labs.
- Cooking Duel: To save the Don RS, Soma suddenly challenges Ikumi on behalf of the club. The Shokugeki is programmed to happen in three days.
- Eureka Moment: Soma has this when Megumi indirectly gives him the idea of tenderize the meat like they did in their first assignment, which leads him to develop the first test of the Chaliapin Steak Don.
- Evolving Credits: The rotating dish in the opening changed. For the ending "Spice", the foodgasm reaction is from Hisako.
- Female Gaze: Isshiki is working at the garden in a Fundoshi covered in sweat and sparkles.
- Hard-Work Montage: The remaining days before the Shokugeki, Soma had been doing test-runs with different recipes from the club, while Kanachi tasted everyone of them. None of them came close to compete against an A5 meat dish.
- Harsh Word Impact: After tasting Megumi's onigiris, Soma asks her why she is so bad at classes if she can cook like this. The statement pierces Megumi like a giant arrow to the heart.
- Hypocritical Humor: After giving a long and passionate speech about the affordability of a donburi, Soma then reinforces that they should fight back with cheap ingredients against Ikumi's expensive A5 Wagyuu beef. Then Kanachi starts to mumble that sometimes they must compromise...
- Impossibly Delicious Food: While Megumi's onigiri was good, the examples more suited are...
- Kanachi described Ikumi's A5 steaks to be so good that one could almost drink them
- The Challiapin Steak Don prototype is heading to be this once it's perfected.
- Male Gaze: Despite being afraid of her, Kanachi can't help but looking at Ikumi's cleavage, just a few centimeters from him.
- Manly Tears: Kanachi sheds tears of joy when Soma said that the club did many interesting recipes.
- Nervous Wreck: Soma questions once again why Megumi fails her classes if she is a very good cook. She explains that she has stage fright.
- Traumatic Haircut: Ikumi chopped off a big chunk of Kanachi's pompadour after he called her "Nikumi".
- Trickster Mentor: Once Soma realizes that the Don RS has a tight budget for test-runs, he has to rely on his own allowance. Turns out that his dad is leaving him little to no money at his bank account, despite working at high-class restaurants overseas.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Both Ryoko and Yuuki say Megumi would be both a great cook and wife because of the warmth in her food.