With the Whispering Woods still out of commission, the princesses have their hands full defending Bright Moon. Meanwhile, the Horde is working on conquering the rest of the planet, and Entrapta builds upgraded bots with First Ones tech.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Frosta gets really clingy around Glimmer, bringing this to mind.
- Bait-and-Switch: The episode opens with She-Ra fighting Catra while the others are handling a horde of robots. While the others' fights are real, Adora's is a simulation created by Light Hope. Adora is rather bummed out that Light Hope had to make Catra "so mean", but begrudgingly admits that Catra really would be that cruel.
- Continuity Nod:
- Scorpia makes Entrapta some tiny food while they watch the bots work.
- Castaspella and Angella really don't get on at the war meeting. Back in Casta's first appearance, she mentioned she and Angella didn't have a good relationship.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Perfuma suggests at the war council that the Princesses "hold hands and think healing thoughts" in order to boost their magic and regrow the forest. She's dismissed as Bow puts forth his plan, but at the end of the episode the Princesses getting in sync does boost their magic and allow the forest to regrow.
- The Gadfly: Mermista steals Perfuma's chair at the war table, and refusing to budge.
- Generation Xerox: Glimmer feels gross when she realizes she was treating Frosta in the same way her mother used to treat her.
- Healing Factor: Entrapta's upgraded bots have the ability to regenerate parts of themselves that are damaged or destroyed, though they can't repair everything.
- How Do I Shot Web?: Adora's undergoing training, and is trying to get a handle on the Sword of Protection's morphing capabilities. It's not going great, since the sword has a mind of its own, turning into things like a vase, or mug, or parasol, often at inappropriate times.
- Internal Reveal: Bow discovers Entrapta is still alive through recognizing her work on the bot.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Frosta ignores a direct order from Glimmer simply because she thinks it's boring, and ignores Bow's plan in favor of smashing the bots to pieces.
- Meaningful Echo: Adora gets to say "hey, Catra" when smashing up the bots, knowing she's listening in.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: While the rest of the Princesses are holding the line in the woods, Netossa and Spinerella manage to retake Thaymor by themselves.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Light Hope tells Adora that she has to master her emotions or she'll repeat the last She-Ra's mistakes, causing Adora to ruefully comment, "no pressure, huh?" Light Hope helpfully tells her that no, there is in fact quite a bit of pressure.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: Entrapta's bots have a self-destruct mechanism, which Catra uses when the bots start losing.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Everyone in the Princess Alliance is clearly trying their best to work together, but many of its members are also clearly getting on each other's last nerve.
- Time Skip: Takes place one month after the season 1 finale.