Jerry, George, and Elaine stop by a Chinese restaurant on the way to see a screening of Plan 9 from Outer Space. The manager (played by guest star James Hong) tells them the wait will be "five, ten minutes." And there's your plot.
- Absentee Actor: As these were still the days when Kramer barely left the building, he doesn't appear.
- Accidental Misnaming: The restaurant manager (James Hong) somehow mishears "Costanza" as "Cartwright" when George's girlfriend calls looking for him.
- Bottle Episode: The episode takes place entirely in the titular restaurant.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Jerry mentions a sister (the real Jerry Seinfeld does have a sister). Such a character never appeared in any episode, nor was mentioned again. It's especially odd in episodes that feature Jerry's parents.
- Only in It for the Money: "For fifty bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow."
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: The gang finally gets fed up and leaves... and then a table opens up seconds later.
- Shout-Out: Jerry doesn't want to go to Plan 9 by himself since it would mean "making sarcastic remarks to strangers." This is a reference to Mystery Science Theater 3000, created by Jerry Seinfeld's good friend Joel Hodgson. The show famously refused to riff on Plan 9, seeing it as too easy a target.
- Suddenly Shouting: George: "OF COURSE I'M NOT CARTWRIGHT!"