Release date: December 24, 2018
WARNING: Untagged spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.
- Cringe Comedy: Everyone revisits some of Thomas's phases, including his cosplay phase, his emo phase, and his Vine phase. Audience members squirm with secondhand embarrassment even as they laugh.
- Did I Mention It's Christmas?: Thomas mentions at the beginning that it's Christmas, while wearing a Santa Claus hat, until Virgil refuses to keep talking about Christmas and prefers to talk about Halloween instead, being Christmas forgotten for all the rest of the episode except, ironically, when Virgil briefly sings a modified snippet of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" on the end card.
- The Grinch: Virgil behaves as such. When Thomas is happy to talk about Christmas, Virgil yells a "NO!" Thomas even subtly lampshades it.Thomas: No? You're a... mean one...
- Kubrick Stare: When Virgil turns the lights off and illuminates only his face, he stares at Thomas with this ominous gesture.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: When Virgil turns the lights off, even though it's dark and all of the Sides and Thomas yelp, it's easy to distinguish Roman's long screech with the voice of a little girl.
- Nightmare Retardant: In-Universe. In "Embarrassing Phases: The Nightmare Instead of Christmas", Virgil tries as hard as he can to scare the others, first by dressing up as a vampire, covering his fangs with fake blood and raising a knife, then roaring like a lion. He completely fails in both tries.Virgil: Oh, my gosh! You guys don't think I'm scary!
Virgil: Put your pants back on, don't patronize me.
Patton: You mean pantronize...?
Patton: That just slipped out...