Release date: September 1, 2017
WARNING: Untagged spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.
- Changing Clothes Is a Free Action: The change of outfits in the end happens in the blink of an eye. That one and all of the changes they go through in the episode when trying outfits related to the Hogwarts Houses.
- Colour-Coded Emotions: With the outfit updates, the Sanders Sides key colors were first introduced. Roman was associated with red, Patton with blue, Logan with indigo and Virgil with purple. Roman and Patton didn't see much of a change in the color scheme, but Logan, and especially Virgil did. Logan's necktie, which was light blue earlier, went indigo, and Virgil's jacket and shirt, which were dark grey and black earlier, became black with patches of purple and purple. Thomas was not given any kind of outfit update, since he always wore casual clothing, but he was assigned to the rainbow with one phrase:Thomas: Oh, I'm full rainbow all the time.
- Costume Evolution: The Sides, at Roman's suggestion, update their outfits at the end.
- Double Take: This interchange with Logan causes this reaction on Roman.Logan: Roman, that was astute!
Roman: I know!
Logan: And you used the word "iridescence" earlier. You're on a clever streak today, which is unusual for you.
Roman: I know! Wait, what?
- Iconic Logo: When the Sides update their outfits, they also include new logos in each of them. Roman's outfit features on the shoulders a red shield with a castle painted in gold. Patton's outfit features on the chest a heart with a smile and glasses. Logan's outfit features on the chest a brain with glasses. And Virgil's outfit features on the jacket a purple cloud with a lightning bolt coming out of it.
- Musicalis Interruptus: Thomas starts the episode playing his tenor ukulele and singing a fragment of Never Gonna Give You Up changing the lyrics as Neville Gonna Give You Up. An off-screen wizard casts a Petrificus Totallus on him to shut him down.
- Shout-Out: Most of the episode is based on Harry Potter, but there are also references to Avatar: The Last Airbender, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Game of Thrones
- Spiders Are Scary: Patton suddenly goes into a serious rant about Aragog, the spider from Harry Potter, and how terrifying it is.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: When Logan and Roman are having a conversation, Patton suddenly yells the name "TONKS!" scaring the crap out of Roman who almost attacks him with his katana.
- Plot Twist: After all the options they make Virgil go through, in the end, he decides that he doesn't belong to any Hogwarts House, and that he doesn't need it in order to belong with the other Sides.