After being informed of Jack's return, Aku sends out a large swarm of insectoid robots to destroy his old nemesis. Jack must prepare for his first large-scale battle against the forces of evil in the future world, with some assistance from the talking dog archaeologists.
- Black Blood: Beginning a tradition that will last throughout the rest of the original series; whenever Jack destroys a robotic opponent, a large amount of black oil spurts out to compensate for traditional blood.
- Blood-Splattered Warrior: By the end of the battle with the Beetle Drones, Jack is shown covered head-to-toe in their oil as well as his own wounds.
- But Now I Must Go: After freeing the dog archaeologists from Aku's slavery, they ask Jack to join up with them; but Jack refuses since he needs to find a way back to the past, and there are bound to be others that will need protection from Aku.
- Clothing Damage: Jack starts the battle against the robots with various armor pieces over his body, in addition to his robes. By the end of his fight, the whole armor and upper part of the robes are destroyed.
- One-Man Army: Jack proves just how tough he is by single-handedly destroying every single robot. This is the first of many times that he defeats multiple enemies in a row.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: Or rather oil bank, but the point still stands that many of the robots Jack fights start spewing out large quantities of oil after they've been cut up.
- Silence Is Golden: Jack has exactly one line of dialogue during battle with the Beetle Drones. Other than that and some shouting, there is no dialogue until he says goodbye to the dogs at the end.
- Title Drop: The last line of the episode, courtesy of Aku.Aku: And it is I who will put an end to that war started in that ancient time... Samurai Jack! [Evil Laugh]
- We Will Meet Again: Aku promises Jack that the two of them will meet again to finish their battle at a time and place of his own choosing.