A ten year old boy named Timmy Turner is assigned fairy godparents when his parents leave him with a mean babysitter. This was the first episode of The Fairly OddParents!.
This episode provides examples of
- Art Evolution: The drawing style of the characters is definitely rougher looking than when it premiered as a proper series.
- Baby Sitter From Hell: Probably the most famous example.
- Chained to a Railway: As noted below, Timmy, in his role as Dastardly Whip Lash, ties Vicky to a railroad.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: A very unusual example. Vicky had a younger brother whom we heard screaming over the telephone. We never saw his face and subsequent episodes make no further reference to him.
- Dastardly Whip Lash: Timmy takes on this role during one of his wishes.
- The Faceless: We wouldn't see Timmy's parent's faces until The Fairly OddParents! premiered as a proper series.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In particular, the characters of Cosmo and Wanda. Cosmo comes across as just as intelligent, if not more than, as Wanda.
- Pilot: It was the first episode and introduced the main plot points.
- Pint-Sized Kid: In one of the last scenes, Timmy is hugging his mother and he doesn't even come up in size, to his mother's knees.