The twelfth episode of the fourth season of Rugrats (1991).
Send in the Clouds
When it becomes foggy, the babies think the house has risen into the sky.
In the Naval
During a fishing trip, Angelica loses Cynthia, so Tommy and Chuckie try to get her back while imitating Navy men.
"Send in the Clouds" provides examples of:
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Tommy wishes that his house were an airplane so he could fly it through the clouds. When foggy weather rolls in, Tommy believes his wish to have come true, and his house to be suspended in the air. However, he worries that his parents will fall to the ground if they go outside, so he tries to prevent them from leaving the house.
- Brick Joke: To prevent Didi from leaving the house, the babies hide her shoes in a place Didi would never think to look. At the end of the episode, Didi asks Stu why her pink pumps are in the potato bin.
- Curse of The Ancients: Lampshaded during this conversation between Stu and Lou when the former loses his car keys;Lou: Why do you always lose your keys, dag-nabbit?
Stu: Why do you always talk like a prospector when you're aggrivated, "con-flabbit"?
- Diaper Check: When Tommy cries after Stu finds his keys and is about to leave the house, Stu tries his best to calm him down. Lou thinks that Tommy might be wet, and as he checks Tommy's diaper, Tommy finds Stu's keys and calms down.
- Make a Wish: Tommy makes a wish on a star that his house were an airplane and he could fly it through the clouds. When foggy weather rolls in, he believes his wish to have come true.
- Malaproper: Tommy constantly mispronounces words in this episode, such as "crockpit" (cockpit), "poopeller" (propeller) and "pamperline" (trampoline).
- Mouth Cam: The camera is positioned inside Tommy’s mouth as he cries when Stu is about to leave the house.
- Noodle Incident: When Stu prepares to leave the house to go to the hardware store, Lou brings up some of Stu's past D.I.Y. Disasters, including one where he got nine stitches and a case of pinkeye as the result of replacing the light bulb in the refrigerator.
- Rod And Reel Repurposed: Tommy drops Stu's keys down the bathtub drain to prevent Stu from leaving the house. Stu uses Lou's fishing pole to fish them out, and although he succeeds, he gives himself a black eye as a result.Lou: Got the iodine!
- Smoldering Shoes: Apparently, one time when Stu fixed the hot water heater, he blew himself right out of his shoes. Stu claims it happened because the repair instructions were in Japanese.
- That Cloud Looks Like...: The episode begins with the babies looking up at the clouds. They find clouds shaped like a lollipop, a rabbit, and Reptar. Chuckie then thinks he sees a cloud that looks like an airplane, only for Tommy to point out that it really is an airplane.
"In the Naval" provides examples of:
- Dark Horse Victory: Throughout the episode, Stu and Drew compete to see who can catch the bigger fish. Near the end of the episode, Lou catches the swordfish that ate Cynthia, which dwarfs the size of the small fish they caught.
- Fishing Episode: Lou takes Stu, Drew, Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica on a fishing trip in this episode.
- Malaproper: The babies pronounce Navy Seals as "Wavy Seals".
- Never My Fault: Angelica blames the babies for causing Drew to fall overboard, even though it was her who let down the anchor, leading to that happening.
- Not Now, Kiddo: When Angelica tries to tell Drew that Cynthia got eaten by a swordfish, Drew tells her not to bother him while he's fishing.
- Senior Sleep-Cycle: Lou falls asleep just after he boasts to Stu and Drew about he's gonna catch a bigger fish than them (and he does).Drew: Looks like the only place Pop's gonna beat the pants off of us is in his dreams.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: When Angelica's Cynthia doll is swallowed up by a giant fish, Tommy and Chuckie decide to drop her toy boat into the water. Their reasoning is that, when the fish sees the boat, he'll realize that the "Wavy Seals" (Navy Seals) have come, get scared, and spit Cynthia up. The fish just eats the toy boat.
- Time Out: As punishment for letting down the anchor and causing her father to fall overboard when the boat suddenly stopped, Drew takes Angelica to the boat's lower room in the cabin below the water level by telling to stay there and think about what she's done, as well as not buying Angelica's excuse when she tries to put the blame on the babies. Unknown to Drew however, Angelica sneaks back up to the deck behind his back and returns to trying to get Cynthia back.