The eighth episode of the second season of Rugrats.
The Pickles have a family reunion, and Angelica tells Tommy that he'll be given to a new family.
Grandpa's old girlfriend, Morgana, pays a surprise visit, much to the confusion of Tommy and Chuckie, who were supposed to have a fun night in with him.
"Family Reunion" provides examples of:
- The Big Guy: Emmett, who is the oldest and biggest cousin of the Pickles family. He's even able to open the door to the playpen without any assistance.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Angelica. At the beginning of the episode, she scares Tommy with a rubber spider, then pretends to fall asleep when he cries, so that the adults would think that Tommy is crying because of the length of the train ride.
- Brick Joke: At the beginning of the episode, Lou deliberately stays on the train after it drops the rest off the familly off at Willoughby so that he can go to Chicago. At the end of the episode, Lou finally goes go to the reunion by taxi.
- Contrived Coincidence: Angelica tells Tommy that at family reunions, families trade their kids. When Edie tells Angelica that she plans to take her home with her, Angelica mistakenly thinks her story is true, and she tells the kids, "I thought I was making it up" when they save her from a goat.
- Family Theme Naming: Tommy's cousins are named Timmy-Ray, Tony, and Tammy-Faye. Stu also has a cousin named Hugh, whose wife's name is Dottie.
- Greaser Delinquents: Tony is basically a one-year-old version of Arthur Fonzarelli.
- Mouth Cam: Used twice with Edie, with Angelica's head saying, "And you'll never see your Mom or your Dad or your dumb old dog ever again!" taking the place of the uvula.
- Running Gag: Emmett saying, "I'm hungry!"
- Save the Villain: When Angelica gets chased by a goat, she screams for help, and Tommy hears her. When Tommy's cousins object to him saving her due to how mean she was to them, Tommy reminds them that Angelica is a member of the Pickles family, just like they are.
"Grandpa's Date" provides examples of:
- Dirty Old Man: Lou rents a movie called "Lonely Space Vixens" for his own personal pleasure once Tommy and Chuckie are in bed.
- Dodgy Toupee: Lou doesn't want to seem old when he meets Morgana, so he wears a black toupee, despite the fact that the hair on the sides of his head, and his moustache, are gray. Morgana even knows it and asks him to take it off at the end.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- One of the movies that Lou rents for himself is "Lonely Space Vixens", which he mentions to Tommy and Chuckie is for after they go to bed.
- The main premise of the episode is Lou's old girlfriend Morgana visiting after years apart and him trying to do everything he can to keep Tommy and Chuckie upstairs because he doesn't want her to know he's a grandpa. She reveals that she left him because she witnessed him making-out with a woman named Trixie. Lou tries to explain that he was giving her CPR, but it's revealed later in the series that "Trixie" is the name of Stu and Drew's mother. So when Lou tries to explain to her that the reason he didn't want her to know he had grandchildren was because she would think he's too old could be to hide the fact that the affair he had with Trixie resulted in children.
- Shout-Out: One of the movies that Lou rents for Tommy and Chuckie is called "Reptar Come Home".
- Train-Station Goodbye: Happens to Lou and Morgana in a flashback.