The fifth episode of the second season of Rugrats.
Angelica's In Love: Angelica gets a crush on a cool neighborhood boy named Dean.
Ice Cream Mountain: Stu and Drew take the babies to visit a childhood favorite miniature golf course of theirs on the way to get the kids some ice cream. While Stu and Drew go on their trip down memory lane, the babies see the ice cream mountain that sits at the last course and try to get to it, inadvertently uncovering a rigging scam in the process.
"Angelica's In Love" provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: The first episode in the show to focus primarily on Angelica, with Tommy and the other babies in a fairly minor role.
- Cool Bike: Or trike, anyway. Dean is almost always seen riding on his tricycle.
- Continuity Nod: When Dean first meets Tommy, he tells him that a kid from daycare told him he almost broke out once, referencing the events of a previous episode, "The Big House".
- First Kiss: Angelica and Dean almost have one, but it's interrupted by Dean's mother coming to pick him up.
- Greaser Delinquents: Dean looks and sounds more or less like a preschool-aged Arthur Fonzarelli.
- Here We Go Again!: After Dean leaves, Angelica declares that she'll never love again...only to begin crushing on a new French arrival to the neighborhood at the very end of the episode.
- Nice Guy: Dean comes off as this, being a Big Brother Mentor to the babies and having a fairly sweet little relationship with Angelica. Even when he dumps her, he does so gently and a later episode implies that they're still friends.
- Puppy Love: The premise of the episode is that Angelica gets a crush on the cool new neighborhood kid Dean.
"Ice Cream Mountain" provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Stu and Drew are so caught up in their game (and fighting with each other) that they never wind up catching on to the fact that the babies are roaming the mini-golf course all by themselves. The other adults are mainly upset that they're making them wait in a line.
- All That Glitters: The babies think that the eponymous Ice Cream Mountain is literally made of ice cream, up until they actually reach it and discover that it's just a hollow fiberglass sculpture.
- Credits Gag: The sound of the babies happily eating their long awaited ice cream at the end of the episode continues on through the credits, ending with someone burping directly before the ending logos.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Earl, the golf course owner, is in tears when his plans to cheat the golfers off of their free games are foiled by the babies.
- Mini-Golf Episode
- Spanner in the Works: In their mission to get the ice cream at Ice Cream Mountain, the babies inadvertently un-rig the last hole at said mountain, resulting in Stu, Drew, and a number of other golfers scoring hole-in-ones at the hole and getting free games, to the golf course owner's chagrin.