The twenty-sixth and final episode of the second season of Rugrats.
Tooth or Dare
When Angelica learns about the Tooth Fairy, she thinks she'll be rich if she puts a tooth under her pillow, so she tries to pull Chuckie's teeth out.
When Angelica wishes the whole world were a circus, the adults throw a costume party at Angelica's house, which leads the babies to believe that her wish came true.
"Tooth or Dare" provides examples of:
- Bookworm: Edwin, Susie's six-year-old brother. When Susie, Tommy, and Angelica ask him about the Tooth Fairy, they get to his bedroom, which has so many books that Angelica mistakes it for a library. He has a copy of The Odyssey by Homer, and is reading about quantum physics when they walk in. He also wears glasses with extremely large frames (bigger than Chuckie's) to drive the point home (as if it wouldn't be obvious otherwise).
- Comically Missing the Point: Angelica tells Susie that if she believes in the Tooth Fairy, she has a sandbox in Florida to sell her. When Susie decides to prove it to Angelica, Tommy asks Angelica how much she's selling her sandbox for.
- DIY Dentistry: Angelica tries many methods to pull Chuckie's teeth out, such as prying them out with Tommy's screwdriver, tying one end of a string to Chuckie's teeth and having him jump from a pile of Tommy's toys, then later tying the other end to Spike's tail so Spike can pull them out when he runs, and finally, trying to pull them out with pliers.
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: Near the end of the episode, when Angelica chases Tommy and Chuckie with a pair of pliers, she runs into a wall after Chuckie and Tommy sidestep her. As she's on the floor, semi-conscious, this exchange happens:Tommy: Angelica, are you okay?
Angelica: *sits up, eyes crossed* Oh, but Daddy, the babies ate all the ice cream sammiches...
Chuckie: What ice cream sandwiches is she talking about, Tommy?
- Saw It in a Movie Once: Angelica says this about one of her plans just before demonstrating it on a bear with buck teeth by tying a string to its teeth and throwing it off a pile of toys. When the plan fails, Angelica says "Well, it worked in the movie!".
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Angelica's many unsuccessful attempts to extract Chuckie's teeth end up resulting in her losing one of her own teeth. What's more, instead of getting a large pile of coins like she was expecting, she only got a dime.Angelica: All that work for one lousy dime!
- The Tooth Hurts: Throughout the episode, Angelica tries to extract one of Chuckie's teeth for Tooth Fairy money.
"Party Animals" provides examples of:
- And I'm the Queen of Sheba: Stu gets this line from the police after he's caught trying to break back into Drew's house after getting locked out by the former during a costume party;Stu: I got locked out, and this is my brother's house.
Cop #1: Sure it is, and you're the Queen of England.
Stu: No, I'm Tarzan, King of the Jungle.
Cop #2: Well then, Tarzan, why don't you get your animal friends to help you down?
- Be Careful What You Wish For: After being read the story of Aladdin, Angelica makes a wish on her lamp that the whole world were a circus, and when the babies see the costume party the adults are throwing, they believe Angelica's wish came true. They like it at first, but then they believe that their parents have gone missing (not realizing that their parents are all in costumes, some of which, such as Chas' well-balanced breakfast costume, aren't much different from their normal appearances). Tommy even calls the trope by its name when Angelica makes her wish.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: When Stu's Tarzan yell wakes up the babies, this exchange occurs between them;Phil: Maybe it's a elephant.
Chuckie: Maybe it's just the TV.
Lil: Maybe it's a elephant watching TV!
- Brick Joke: The babies manage to evade Didi's cousin, Bucky in the bathroom and inadvertently manage to trap him inside. Some time after the party ends, Angelica wakes up, needing to use the bathroom. She opens the door, and is screams when she sees Bucky.
- Clothing Damage: While trying to get back into Angelica's house after Drew locks him out, Stu tries to climb up to an open window, only for his loincloth to get caught on a nail and rip.
- Eat the Camera: Done with Angelica when she sees Bucky in the bathroom.
- Gasshole: Implied with Bucky, who keeps asking people to "pull my finger."
- Leitmotif: Like in a previous episode, "Moose Country", whenever a moose is shown or talked about, the same sound plays in the background almost every time.
- Locked in a Room: While on the run from Bucky, whom they believe is a giant baby thanks to his costume, the babies manage to escape from him in the bathroom, and when they close the door, a nearby board falls over it, trapping Bucky inside.
- Not What It Looks Like: At the costume party, Stu and Drew have an argument over who's king of the jungle Tarzan (Stu's costume of choice) or King Kong (Drew). They eventually decide to "Step outside," or at least Stu does, before Drew closes the door and locks his brother out. He eventually attempts to climb the gutters and enter through an open window on the second story (after knocking on the window, but never knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell). He slips, however, and is hanging off of the gutter by his loincloth as police pull up to the window. He tells them that it's his brother's house. They don't believe him, and he gets arrested (in his Tarzan costume).
- Paper-Thin Disguise: When the babies mistake a party the adults throw for Angelica's wish of the world to be a circus coming true, they don't notice their parents wearing the costumes. They don't even notice any resemblance.
- Rip Van Tinkle: Near the end of the episode, Angelica wakes up, needing to use the bathroom. The babies try to warn her that her wish came true, but she doesn't believe them, since by this time, the party is over and Didi, Chas, and Drew are back in their normal attire. Then she opens the bathroom door and out comes Bucky, still in his baby costume.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Stu and Drew get into an argument over whether Tarzan or King Kong is king of the jungle, which leads to Drew locking Stu out of his house, and later Stu getting arrested when he tries to get back in. On their way to the Police Station, the police are in a coffee shop, talking about Stu, who thinks he's Tarzan, King of the Jungle. The Waitress who serves them coffee tells them that she always thought King Kong was King of the Jungle.
- Wedgie: When Stu tries to climb into the open window, the police catch up to him, and he ends up hanging from the gutters by his loincloth.