Pretty Cure enjoys their first Sunday as a team, but towards the end, a Hebinodoku summoned by Rattlesnake causes a major disruption.
This episode features examples of:
- Ballet Episode: Downplayed; the Cures have a ballet lesson together at one point, and their fighting style is more balletic than usual (plus the first duet move, which makes its debut here, happens to be clearly balletic), but the focus of the episode is their day off in general.
- Bullet Dancing: Cure Clubs is forced into a very unnatural ballet routine by weaponized takoyaki fired at her feet.
- The Cameo: During the ballet class scene, Angela Deodato appears as one of the regular students.
- Crash-Into Hello: Ring crashes into Ribbon when he makes his first real appearance.
- Dragged into Drag: Hitomi is subjected to this by Tsumugi.
- Fashion-Shop Fashion Show: The Cures have one at Cosplay City at one point, trying on costumes from Pokémon, Super Mario Bros., Princess Tutu, Shugo Chara!, Sailor Moon, Corrector Yui, Urusei Yatsura, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sherlock Holmes, and Supergirl, not necessarily in that order.
- Gone Swimming, Clothes Stolen: Tsumugi steals Hitomi's blue jeans as he's trying on a pink skirt early on. He ends up wearing the skirt for most of the rest of the episode.
- No OSHA Compliance: Hitomi complains about how the department store's dressing rooms are designed and brings up the OSHA's Japanese counterpart, JISHA.
- Take That!: DiC gets one for their English dub of Sailor Moon—specifically, the Thinly-Veiled Dub Country Change it suffered.Tsumugi: Damn those crazy Canucks, they know nothing about our culture!
[cue the mass Sweat Drops]
Hitomi: OK, that's pushing it.
- Thinly-Veiled Dub Country Change: Parodied and lampooned when the Cures eat actual jelly donuts for lunch, with Hitomi and Tsumugi also eating onigiri.
- Unplanned Crossdressing: Hitomi ends up doing this yet again, courtesy of his blue jeans being stolen.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Saeko wears this with one of the costumes she tries on during the Fashion-Shop Fashion Show.