The second episode of The Ren & Stimpy Show.
Ren is tired, but Stimpy insists on a story. So he tells his own version of the story of Robin Hood with Ren as "Robin Hoek" and Stimpy as... everyone else.
Ren gets sick with some disease, and Stimpy works day and night to help him. By the end, Ren is cured, but Stimpy catches the disease instead and so Nurse Ren vows vengeance on all the suffering and icky-tasting medicine he'd been put through.
Robin Hoek provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Subverted, much to Ren's horror, when he sees Stimpy dressed as Maid Moron in bed next to him in the ending.
- Early-Bird Cameo: From George Liquor as the Sherriff of Dodge City.
- Lemony Narrator: Stimpy, who just seems to be making things up as he goes along or can't even remember what happens in the story.
- Rapunzel Nose Hair: "Maid Moron" lowers a very long nose hair to allow Robin Hoek to ascend to her tower.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: An in-universe example with Ren.
- Overly Long Gag: Stimpy running back and forth across the countryside to play multiple character roles, set to the tune of Johann Strauss' "Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka".
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In-story Stimpy, who has to high-tail it back and forth across the countryside playing every other role.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: George Liquor (as the Sheriff) talks like this when he's defeated by Ren.George Liquor: "Thou hast besquirted me, O leotarded one! (falls over backwards, then raises his head) The maiden be thine! (passes out)"
Nurse Stimpy provides examples of:
- Alan Smithee: The episode was credited to Raymund Spum, as John K. was wildly dissatisfied with the many, many animation errors.
- Caretaker Reversal: Ren starts "Taking care" of Stimpy after his health recovers and Stimpy gets ill.
- Hourglass Plot: Ren has gotten sick and Stimpy takes it upon himself to nurse him back to health. After enduring Stimpy's well-meaning but humiliating treatments throughout the entire episode, Ren is healthy again, but Stimpy has spent so much time watching over Ren that now he is sick, and Ren is all too happy to return the favor Stimpy gave him.
- Shout-Out: When Stimpy is taking Ren to the bathroom for his sponge bath, Stimpy starts doing nonsense singing similar to Curly.
- Sick Episode
- Undying Loyalty: Poor Stimpy. Especially when Ren goes into (not?)relapsenote , he works like mad to get him better.
- Worst News Judgement Ever: "Ren Hoek takes bubbly sponge bath"?!note It made the front page and was considered an "Extra!"