Mordecai plans a special dinner to ask Margaret to officially be his girlfriend, only to get caught in the middle of a counterfeit restaurant money scam and things get worse when Margaret reveals why they can never be together.
This episode provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Right after the main villain says, "YOU KIDDING ME? School is overrated! I didn't go to school and look at me!", he violently gets blown up.
- Berserk Button: Unless you want to get blown to kingdom come, do not refer to college education as overrated in the presence of Amadeus Martinez.
- BFG: Between the Capicola Gang's weapons and the restaurant owner's rocket launcher.
- Big Damn Heroes: Amadeus Martinez, right after the leader of the Capicola gang says that education is overrated.
- Bittersweet Ending: The only good thing that came out of this storyline was the Capicola Gang getting defeated once and for all, via a Big Damn Heroes Moment.
- The Bus Came Back: The Capicola Gang returns after supposedly getting killed off in Fuzzy Dice.
- Complexity Addiction: The Capicola Gang's plan for revenge on the park workers is printing fake Amadeus dollars (coupons to buy steaks at "Steak Me Amadeus") and sell them to Pops who would give them to the rest of the workers. When they want more cheap steaks, they would set up a meeting to exchange more Amadeus dollars and then ambush them. Their whole plan is dependent on the gang's desire for affordable steaks and apparently they didn't bother to take in account that if the park workers use these counterfeit coupons they would get trouble with the police and get arrested and won't have the chance to meet them. Lampshaded by Rigby:Rigby: Dude, that's really weird.
Capicola Gang Leader: Well it worked didn't it?
- Did Not Get the Girl: Margaret turns down Mordecai at the end.
- Dinner And A Break Up: Played with. This is how Margaret breaks up with Mordecai. When he asks her the pivotal question to be his girlfriend, Margaret, has to gentle refuse him because she got into her favored college out of state (In fact, she was planning to tell him during the dinner.) She ends up running away crying.
- Downer Ending: Mordecai finally has the courage to ask Margaret to be his girlfriend, but she reveals to him that she's been accepted into her dream college so she can't be his girlfriend devastating both of them. The last scene shows Mordecai sitting on the park roof with Rigby trying to comfort him.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Capicola Gang stops shooting after Margaret runs out the restaurant crying, though that's less "Even the bad guys have a heart" and more "The FBI agents called for a cease fire so they don't accidentally kill someone and the bad guys complied."
- Though the Capicola Gang Leader seems invested enough to attempt to dissuade Margaret from leaving by saying that "College Education is overrated", and promptly gets blown up for his troubles.
- Expy: The two FBI agents from the FBI look EXACTLY like Agents Mulder and Scully from The X-Files.
- Eyepatch of Power: The female duck wears one.
- Not Quite Dead: The Capicola Gang, if Margret getting accepted into a college, and ending her relationship with Mordecai doesn't get you then this fact might.
- Parental Bonus: The Mulder and Scully expies.
- Season Finale: And a shocking one.
- Wham Episode: Shocking, given that it's the season finale and all.