Mordecai and Rigby are assigned to do a job in the snack section. Too bad they're bored so Pops tell them they can eat all the snacks for free. They do so, but Mordecai quits it. He warns Rigby not to eat too much or his body will quit on him, but Rigby ignores that warning and continues to do so. Eventually, Mordecai's warning proves correct: Rigby's body does quit him and goes out around the park, leaving his consciousness behind. Seeing that, they were joined by Skips, who warns them that Rigby will be stuck as a bodiless conscious by sunset if he is not returned by his body.
This episode provides examples of:
- Absentee Actor: Benson doesn't appear at all in this episode.
- Bittersweet Ending: Rigby does get his body back, but now he's stuck in a body cast due to getting run over and (along with Mordecai) have to work 6 months to pay off all those snacks they ate because it turns out only Pops can eat snacks for free.
- Bowdlerization: In the UK, all mention of the word "turd" was redubbed with "plank" (a UK slang term for someone who's stupid [the American equivalent of this would be "a blockhead"]).
- Break the Haughty: Rigby
- Deep-Fried Whatever: Rigby deep-fries a hamburger with hot dogs and an ice cream cone all together for Mordecai to eat and then eats a deep-fried shake.
- Delayed Reaction: When Rigby gets his body back, and it's been run over by a golf cart.Mordecai: How do you feel?Rigby: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
- Early Installment Weirdness: Skips, Muscle Man, and High-Five Ghost don't sound right compared to later episodes. In the case of High-Five Ghost, it's because Jeff Bennett voiced him instead of show creator J.G. Quintel.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Rigby.
- Literal Metaphor: When people say your body will quit on you, they usually mean you'll get sick or hurt, not that your body will literally pull your consciousness out of it and run away.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Rigby, after he blurted out to another bodiless conscious about his body.
- Nutritional Nightmare: Everything Rigby eats in this episode - but worst of all, a shake (cup included) DEEP FRIED IN BATTER.
- Right Way/Wrong Way Pair: Mordecai and Rigby respectively, this episode depicts them in a nutritional way.
- Shout-Out: Mordecai eats a hot dog with spray cheese on it, which could be a reference to the Twinkie Wiener Sandwich.