Mordecai and Rigby are assigned to watch over the grill, but when they burn up Benson's special-order hot dogs, the duo are forced to go into the walk-in freezer and get some back-up dogs — all of which are alive and plotting to get revenge on being eaten.
- Actor Allusion: Tim Curry literally is a hot dog who gets covered in mustard.
- Black Comedy Cannibalism: The hot dogs when they discover they taste really good with mustard.
- Disaster Dominoes: Rigby. First, he burns up all the deluxe hot dogs by first dousing an entire box of lighter fluid on the barbecue. Second, by locking himself and Mordecai in the freezer. Third, he gullibly believes the sentient hot dogs who lie to him that they're willing to get eaten at the barbecue.
- Food Eats You: The hot dogs' scheme for revenge on everybody who has eaten their relatives.
- Indulgent Fantasy Segue: Mordecai dreams of being a muscular guy having a romantic time with bikini-clad Margaret.
- Never My Fault: Rigby pins the blame over the anthropomorphic hot dogs on Benson by the end of the episode.
- Karma Houdini: And he gets away with it.
- Precision F-Strike: Considering this is on a kid's channel, this one gets by surprisingly:Mordecai: No! You pissed me off!*
- Edited for Syndication and Bowdlerization: Sadly, newer versions of the episode (and some English-speaking overseas cuts [UK and Australia]) redubbed "pissed me off" to "ticked me off." Also edited in some countries (barring the U.S. version) are the references to Mordecai being dead in the freezer.
- The Scapegoat: "Don't look at me, Benson's the one who went and bought the super premium psycho hot dogs!"
- Super Strength: The hot dogs are capable of incredible strength compared to their sizes being able to carry off people much larger/heavier than they are and one hot dog punched a bucket and put a dent in it.