Clementine Fugitive Version is a spin-off of the Pure Pure Pleiades. It was released on November 23, 2018 on Hikari TV. It's divided into three episodes, each ten minutes long.
It follows one of the 12 executives of Zurrernorn, and former Black Scripture 9th Seat Clementine, who is on the run after somehow surviving her battle with Momon, better known as Ainz Ooal Gown. Having absolute confidence in her arms, she sets out in life to escape and conceal herself from the undead magic caster. At that time, Nazarick is gathering information about martial arts under the direction of Ainz Ooal Gown, and Hilarity Ensues as Clementine meets members of the Pleiades.
Yuri Alpha and Lupusregina Beta set out to gather information for their master which leads to a bar at Beta's insistence. There they find Clementine drinking her woes. Lupusregina enthusiastically introduces her and Yuri to the fugitive. Clementine seeing that they are a bit strange but harmless decides to entertain them, introducing herself as Claire. She and Lupusregina get along and eventually the latter challenges the human to a drinking contest. Not willing to back down from a challenge Clementine accepts and the two women begin drinking large copious amounts of alcohol.
Lupusregina manages to avoid being drunk using [Cure Poison] unbeknownst to Clementine. She her challenge still going Clementine uses, Martial Arts, [Ability Boost] and [Greater Ability Boost]. The two are evenly matched. Yuri, vaguely seems aware of what Clementine used, soon becomes the focus of attention by the two women, who tease her of being tomboyish, causing the maid to launch back with a shove, knocking Lupusregina and Clementine into a wall. Lupusregina recovers quickly but Clementine is still knocked out, thus the former decides to go to the next place to Yuri's shock as they can't just leave her here.
Back at Nazarick, Lupusregina finishes giving her report to the Pleiades. The rest of the maids think all the two did was drink and didn't get any useful information.
- Drowning My Sorrows: At the beginning of the story, Clementine ends up in a bar. She's very tipsy and it's clear by the mugs that she's had a lot to drink. It's almost certainly due to the trauma she experienced at Ainz' hands.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Clementine is very traumatized by being killed by Ainz and then brought back to life. She's on the run from the Slaine Theocracy and the Kingdom while being very paranoid that the lich that killed her might be looking for her. The first thing she does in the story is go to a bar and get wasted.
- What Are You: Clementine thinks this to herself when she reflects on the lich that killed her wondering if it even was an elder lich and how something that strong can even exist.
Solution Epsilon and Entoma Vasilissa Zeta come across the pub where their sisters had entered to gather information. The latter agrees assuredly and pays it a visit there. Solution notes Entoma's habit of repeating, which Entoma replies its practice. Solution recalls her experience with the adventurer and suggests she take her revenge quickly. Entoma notes she will killed that masked adventurer the next time they meet again.
Solutions mention that death wouldn't be a problem for them, as shown by Shalltear's example where the vampire can be easily resurrected.
A waiter comes by and Solution order two glasses of water. She continues her conversation with Entoma, telling her that resurrection still has several drawbacks, such as memory loss.
Outside Clementine vaguely recognizes the pub, however, draws a blank and decides to go in to gather supplies for her break to the Baharuth Empire. Clementine takes notices of the two maids while as Entoma became aware of the fact that the former is watching them. Solution also takes attentive of the girl who was watching them interact. Entoma asks whether they should kill her, but Solution dismisses the idea as they are currently gathering information under Ainz's orders.
Solution initiates a conversation with Clementine, asking if there is a problem. Clementine states nothing is wrong though she feels as though she has experienced a similar situation like this before. The maids then decide to gather information from Clementine and invite her to dinner between the three.
Clementine mentally notes that something fishy is off with these two, especially with Entoma. She then asks, "Sunlight" or "Black." However, Solution is confused at the question inquired by her with no idea what she is talking about. Clementine wonders maybe they are not affiliated with these two organizations but considered the likelihood that it could also be a bluff done on their part. Nevertheless, she comes to the conclusion that everything will be fine on her end and joins the maids.
Back in the Great Tomb of Nazarick, Ainz muses that the Pleiades are progressing smoothly with their respective mission. Previously with a meeting of the Pleiades, Albedo is conversing with Ainz on the need to collect intel on Martial Arts. However, she wishes there should be no need for him to personally investigate and volunteers to do so herself in his stead to lessen her master's burden.
Ainz says that no one can replace her here at Nazarick, as several of the Floor Guardians are outside with their own assignments. Lupusregina Beta volunteers for the Pleiades to handle that task. Lupus states since he has been busy conquering the world, he had been away from Nazarick too often. She requests that the Pleiades be allowed to tackle this job themselves.
Albedo asks about her responsibilities in monitoring Carne Village, to which Lupus suggests to have her sisters replace her if need be. Ainz considers the idea though intending to go himself, Albedo agrees to the proposal as there shouldn't be a problem. She cites example of Solution and Sebas Tian intelligence gathering and that this situation should be similar. Albeddo excitedly states that while they are away on their mission, she will be the one managing their duties as maids by serving Ainz. Ainz calms Albedo's fervor, declaring that the Homunculus Maids can handle those duties. Albedo rebukes that then they should send the ordinary maids out on the intelligence gathering mission, but Ainz states its too dangerous for them as are weak. In the end, the Pleiades are sent out and Albedo ends up being Ainz's maid, busying herself in cleaning his room. Ainz then realizes that Entoma is not really suitable for this sort of mission after all due to her Mask Bug being a dead giveaway.
Back to Clementine and her table mates, the fugitive can't help but note how weird they are acting around her. She sees that Entoma's masked eyes are unsettling. Solution asks Clementine if there is anything she wants to inquire from them. Clementine edging away hesitantly asks if there us anything from with Entoma's face. Solution states that Entoma's mask is for a festival which Entoma happily repeats. Clementine is still suspicious on what kind of festival involves a mask like her's.
Suddenly, the bar erupts in a panic when the bartender and a patron screams about an a swarm of flying cockroaches entering the building. Apparently in the excitement Entoma released the swarm. Clementine spots the flying cockroaches heading toward her and activates her Martial Arts and easily dodges them. She realizes that the two women are dangerous to be near her. Solution kindly scolds Entoma for causing a scene much to the latter's innocent confusion. Solution promises to explain later but first they need to escape from this place.
Entoma then takes out her talismans. Clementine seeing the two women calm in spite of the present situation demands to know what they are planning on doing, failing to notice the insect swarm which knocks her to the floor. Entoma releases her talismans as Clementine screams for help. As a result, the slips of paper explode.
At the Pleiades meeting, Lupusregina notes that she and Yuri knocked someone unconscious and ran away. Turning to Solution and Entoma, Yuri asks what new information they have gathered on the job which Entoma excitedly states that they met a woman who could avoid bugs. CZ2I28 Delta then notices a stray bug fly before her face.
Back in the Great Tomb of Nazarick, Ainz Ooal Gown comments gathering information is hard. Albedo agrees stating that she will also regularly travel to the Re-Estize Kingdom to gather information. Ainz notes if it is a visit to the princess, he suggests asking Albedo maybe she can get information on Martial Arts from her. She advises against it, as Martial Arts is viewed as something common knowledge in the New World. If she were to bring up that questioning to the subject, it would affect the evaluation of Nazarick. She reports that Narberal Gamma and CZ2I28 Delta have been sent out to investigate and hopes they will bring back some useful intel.
Narberal and Shizu are seen walking down a dirt road. The former apologizes to Shizu for making her walk, but it can't be helped since everyone in E-Rantel knows her. Shizu doesn't mind the walk on this path but asks where they are going. Narberal states going by Yuri Alpha's information, there was supposed to be a pub around here, south of E-Rantel and there shouldn't be any of the Kingdom's citizens there. She figures they will need to go to that designated pub location and collect information there.
Clementine finds the pub she was previously at in ruins. Clementine remembers having a drink here, but that's all. She senses something bad had happened here. The barkeep calls her out and tells her despite the wreck, they were still willing to serve drinks regardless of the pub's ruins. Clementine asks what happened to the place, but the barkeeper breaks down mentally and cries on his knees. The fugitive thinks its best that she leave and hurry to the Empire.
Clementine goes into the pub and collects some provisions for herself. Clementine believes that she will be fine so long as she stays close to the country. A flashback of E-Rantel's Cemetery and Ainz Ooal Gown crosses her mind and laments where could she go to avoid them completely. She then steels her resolve convincing herself she will be fine as long as they don't meet again.
Narberal then enters the pub, and to Clementine's shock, she recognizes her as Ainz's Magic Caster partner. Seeing this, she quickly hides beneath a table. Narberal reports to Shizu via [Message] that the place to be empty and damaged, acknowledging without a doubt it was the destruction caused by Solution Epsilon and Entoma Vasilissa Zeta back then.
Narberal decides to ask a patron for information. Clementine watches Narberal from her hiding place fearfully wondering why she is here. Seeing Narberal again brings flashes of memories of her previous encounter with the other Pleiades makes her realize that they are in fact, a group. However, that means Narberal doesn't know Clementine is still alive but even so, she needs to escape before the latter catches on.
Shizu appears under the table with Clementine and asks her what is wrong. Clementine is initially scared by her sudden appearance but then asks the innocent looking girl to help her escape. In return, she will do anything which Shizu agrees.
Narberal is seen 'interviewing' the local patrons on Martial Arts, but only to receive a [Message] from Ainz who tells her that a situation is happening in E-Rantel and needs her there. Narberal reports she will be at his side immediately and hand the investigation over to Shizu to take care of while she is away to help Ainz. Noticing that Shizu has disappeared from her line of sight, she decides to inform her of the change in plans before disconnecting with Ainz.
Shizu asks who is after her and Clementine points at Narberal across the room, who uses [Teleportation]. Shizu sees that no one is there much to Clementine's surprise. Shizu advises her to flee immediately and grabs her by the scuff of Clementine's mantle dragging her despite her protests outside the pub.
Shizu then prepares to launch into the air using rockets, Clementine uses her Martial Arts to prepare herself. The Automaton flies into the air with her screaming charge. Later on, witnessing a cliff several miles away from where E-Rantel was at, Clementine is still processing what is going on. Shizu then asks Clementine to answer a question she has. Clementine hesitantly agrees and Shizu asks her about Martial Arts. For example [Fortress], which Clementine explains is a defensive power.
Having heard enough, Shizu leaves but not before Clementine demands to know who she is. Shizu only replies that she is a shield of her master and leaves. Clementine collapses on her knees and laughs that its not just that magic caster, but that the world is filled with monsters hiding as humans.
In the distance, she hears some travelers talking to some adventurers. Looking closer, she sees Shizu observing the exchange above a hill. The travelers tell Momon that the gigantic stone that is blocking the road possessed some form of magic which makes it seem impossible to move even with magic. Because of that, their carriage is unable to go any further but here. Momon agrees that the boulder is indeed big and that using magic may prove useless against it. Despite the obstacle being in their way, Momon himself decides to move the boulder with his own bare hands to the shock of the others. The travelers believe it was supposed to be impossible but Momon effortlessly lifts the stone and throws it in the air before later crashing down into a cliff behind Clementine.
Clementine felt mortified at what she just witnessed and shakily laughs that the world is big and her confidence in her abilities is completely shattered. Clementine couldn't believe what she is seeing and wails over the matter, wishing she could forget it all happen.
Momon and Nabe are seen walking down a path as they heard something but only to find Clementine sitting on a rock while staring blankly. Nabe waves a hand in front of her eyes and finds her unresponsive. Momon feels that he may have seen her somewhere before but can't seem to remember what it was. Nabe states that she doesn't care to recognize 'mosquitoes'. In the end, Momon believes her to be someone else as the woman before him has eyes that look so pure from what he know of. A [Message] takes Ainz's attention off from Clementine and the two adventurers shortly take their leave afterward.
Shizu later returns to Nazarick and gives a thumb-up, implying her mission was a success and begins to explain the concept of Martial Arts to her sisters.
Clementine still on her perch staring lostly mutters "It's so beautiful."
- Be Careful What You Wish For: She wanted to avoid facing Ainz again. After her Despair Event Horizon, she snapped so hard, she will never be able to face him again and Ainz can't recognize her, as her face is "too pure."
- Chekhov's Gag: Nazarick was gathering information about martial arts. Clemintine offers to tell Shizu the moves she knows if she helps her escape Nabe. Shizu agrees, and quite literally takes off with her. At the end of the episode, she shows up at the table Pleiades was using to tell them what she learned.
- Despair Event Horizon: Played for Laughs though it can still seem a little sad. Clementine is so broken by the realization that there are many beings out there that could easily kill her and that her skills are meaningless against them she goes nuts and is later sitting on a rock with a Empty Eyes and a Broken Smile commenting on how pretty the weather is.
- HeelFace Turn: Played for Laughs and implied based on her condition at the end of the story. By the time Ainz meets up with her he can't recognize her because he states he's never seen eyes so pure and clear before. Her dialogue throughout the episode is also about she doesn't care about her past as a criminal member of Zuranon and that she just wants to be left alone and not have to face Ainz or his subordinates ever again. By that point she's mentally broken and lost all confidence in her skills as a former member of the Black Scripture that she left nearly vegetive.
- History Repeats: Just as Brain Unglaus, also a powerful warrior with great pride in his strength and believing himself to be almost unrivaled, became mentally broken after being shown a level of power beyond his imagination that he could never even touch, Clementine was likewise also shattered when she saw how powerful Ainz was when he lifted and hurled a boulder into a cliff. Like Brain she was mostly unresponsive and had a blank vacant look afterwards.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: While this series is Played for Laughs Clementine went from a former member of the Black Scripture turned to one of the leaders of a large ciminal organization to a fugitive on the run living in constant fear that Ainz will find her and kill her again.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Aside from the fact the Pleiade shorts are Lighter and Softer compared to the anime based on the novels, Clementine is on the run as a fugitive and just wants to get somewhere safe. She's already left the criminal organization she worked with and its clear by her constant fear of being found by Ainz and the desire to not die again that she also has no interest in going back to her previous murderous ways. Throughout the entire story she keeps meeting up with people from Nazerick and is set up by one misfortune after another culminating in her complete mental breakdown at the end.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Clementine snaps when she realizes that there are many beings out there that are far stronger than her and can take human shape. By the end she has had enough and seems to break up with reality, with the last scene showing her sitting on a rock with a blank look commenting on how beautiful her scenery is.
- Trauma Button: Clementine has gained a crippling fear of graveyards due to the fact that Ainz killed her in a graveyard along with the association with the undead. Just thinking of graveyards puts her into a mild panic.