Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy get a tip that God may be in New Orleans; Tulip hides a secret; the trio's stop in New Orleans may expose Tulip.
- Damsel in Distress: Lara, or so she pretends to be.
- Noodle Implements: The scene with the man-dog in the basement is almost a visual one, it comes out of nowhere and all the characters regard it as weird.
- Lounge Singer: Lara, the woman that Jesse saves from a group of hooded men.
- Running Gag: The group being told to go find the dog man in the basement when asking around for God comes up a few times.
- Stock Shticks: When Jesse walks up to a bar and asks for God, the classic "A preacher walks into a bar" joke gets referenced.
- Wham Shot:
- Eugene calls out for anyone to hear him in Hell. Out steps a man who answers...Adolf Hitler.
- The introduction of Herr Starr.